Hats on Board / Destinations

Another newbie question ( you know it was coming sooner or later, lol) do the ship deck(s) get very windy or the destinations in the Bahamas. I usually wear a fedora type hat ( like in the pic), but was wondering about buying something with a cord so it doesn’t go flying off my head. 

as always Thanks for reading and / or responding. Us Newbies benefit from this Blog so much

35F1C533-283A-4899-8CC9-5754BE4B7066.jpeg

I’ve walked Deck 5 Oasis covered walking deck while at sea and the wind whips at one point, same in the open air walking deck On Anthem .  Leaving NY has been super windy.

if you need a gauge look at the ladies long hair, 💇‍♂️If it’s all over the place -remove your hat  if it’s 👩‍🦳 staying in place, wear the hat  

enjoy your cruise!

I live a short drive to the ocean.  We too often take that for granted.

I also wear a hat.  Always.  If I'm at the ocean, which is nearly always windy, and my hat tries to blow off, I either cinch it down tighter, hold it on with a hand, or take it off completely.  Even so, I'm often caught off guard when I step out to the pool deck and my hat leaves.  Then I remember the rules for wearing a hat in the wind.🌪️

And don't tell anybody, I've never been to the Great Lakes.😎

Mrs Fan wearing a "bucket" hat on an Alaska trip. It was in one of the fjords, so it was slow going. Mostly for the cold.  Hot tea, blanket, jacket, hat.  This was on the Star Princess.  Going on the Quantum OTS next June. 

Anyway, whatever hat you use, we mostly choose those that are crushable for packing reasons.

100_5310.thumb.jpg.600e73c45ded8139fdd54303755e5463.jpg