Pickleball

1 hour ago, Marathon Man said:

I am looking through a Harmony Cruise Compass for a 7-day Eastern Caribbean.  We will be going Aug 21.  I see that they set the sports court up for pickleball a couple of days.  Do many people play?  Should I bring my paddle and shoes?

There is no way anybody can tell you from here if people will be playing Pickleball during your cruise.  But, it's better to have the equipment and not need it rather than need/want it and not have it.  I'd be willing to bet that there will be some folks wanting to play, though.

You may want to bring some balls also.  (No pun intended there.)

Back in May we had a room overlooking the sports court.  Yes there was players.  They typically had 3 courts and usually all three were occupied.  While I didn’t watch much there was an interesting play.  The ball was hit and I watched it head out of the sports court and down into the Boardwalk.  It landed about 10 feet from some people but they failed to return it, so Harmony may be low on supplies.  😀

We just got off the Symphony two weeks ago.  We brought our paddles and shoes to play as we saw that they had pickeball every morning starting at 8am for a two to three hours.  It was a bit of a disappointment as they only had one court on the sport court.  The first day there were a bunch of people ready to play but since there was only one court most waited to long i think and never returned for any of the other days. 

We were on Allure in 2019 and the sports court was set up with 3 nets.  However, pickleball wasnt offered everyday on that cruise.  But when it was all courts were being utilized.  One thing that we did notice is that the sport staff was not up on much of the rules.  So be prepared to potentially do a lot of coaching as there were a lot of people who have never played before.