Civitavecchia Vaccination Requirements

amh38

I am going on the Wonder of the Seas at the end of July out of Civitavecchia.

Royal Caribbean's website states that out of Rome (Civitavecchia) boosters are required if the original two doses were over 270 days ago.

We have called customer service 15-20x and essentially get a different answer every time. The latest "supervisor" said to us that they don't actually require a booster and you can test instead.

Has anyone had experience with this and do you know if testing negative within 48 hours of departure will allow someone to board in lieu of having a booster?

Thank you.

You have to be fully vaccinated in order to board.  Fully vaccinated is considered receiving both shots in a 2-shot series or the single dose vaccination.

When sailing in Europe, in order to get off at some ports without testing you have to be up-to-date with your vaccination which over there means you have to have had a booster if your last vaccination dose was more than 270 days ago.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-am-not-up-to-date-on-vaccinations-in-europe-where-will-i-need-additional-testing

I don't know which ports you are visiting, but if they're not listed in that above linked page of the FAQ, you shouldn't need to worry about anything and it's business as usual as long as you are fully vaccinated.

So the latest supervisor is correct in that the booster isn't required but you can test, meaning that you don't have to be boosted to board the ship but if you want to get off in a country that requires being up to date (boosted) you would have to pay to take a test onboard to get off the ship at that port.

REGARDLESS of being boosted or not or it being required or not for your sailing, you do still need to bring negative test to board the ship done within 48 hours prior to sailing with your proof of vaccination.

4 hours ago, amh38 said:

I am going on the Wonder of the Seas at the end of July out of Civitavecchia.

Royal Caribbean's website states that out of Rome (Civitavecchia) boosters are required if the original two doses were over 270 days ago.

We have called customer service 15-20x and essentially get a different answer every time. The latest "supervisor" said to us that they don't actually require a booster and you can test instead.

Has anyone had experience with this and do you know if testing negative within 48 hours of departure will allow someone to board in lieu of having a booster?

Thank you.

Why not just get booster shots now?  As you'll see in the other posts, it can help.