film camera

59 minutes ago, mackenziebroom said:

hi i'm bringing a small film camera and an extra film roll on my upcoming cruise and i was wondering what i should do when we are checking in and going through security to make sure that the film doesn't get ruined if there are any xray machines? thanks!

Just like in the airport, make sure to carry on your film (don't put it in your checked bags) and ask for hand screening of the camera and film. Should be no issue at all.

5 hours ago, mackenziebroom said:

hi i'm bringing a small film camera and an extra film roll on my upcoming cruise and i was wondering what i should do when we are checking in and going through security to make sure that the film doesn't get ruined if there are any xray machines? thanks!

Simply requesting a hand check like @KristiZ suggested is of course the easiest way to go, but they also still sell the gold old fashioned lead-lined film bags (which will DEFINITELY be flagged to remove and hand check at the x-ray station!) at around $20-$30 for extra peace of mind if you're worried that you might forget!