My Time Dining Unavailable

Steph215

13 hours ago, Steph215 said:

I have not been able to reserve MTD for my sailing because it's all booked up (even my travel agent said it's booked for my sailing). If I visit the MDR on the first day is it possible they would be able to change me to my time dining or is it already too late?

Yes, it's possible. No downside to trying.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:19 PM, Steph215 said:

I have not been able to reserve MTD for my sailing because it's all booked up (even my travel agent said it's booked for my sailing). If I visit the MDR on the first day is it possible they would be able to change me to my time dining or is it already too late?

This was pretty typical prior to Covid.  At some point MTD slots sold out and you had no choice but to select one of the traditional seating (early or late, also typically late was always available).

But with all the trouble they have been having recently with MTD, at least some of us that used to love MTD are bailing for one of the traditional seating's.

I would think that if you head to the maître d' as soon as you board you should be able to change to it.  Most of the people on my May sailings were trying to change out of it when i was there doing the same.

3 hours ago, wordell1 said:

I know that one if the diamond perks is priority waitlist for dining changes.

even at a high Diamond+ level i have not really noticed this to be an advantage. 

The only time i ever seemed to have any advantage was when I was in a full suite and wanted to get into the MDR when they would not travel LOBSTER to CK and us and another couple literally told the Matre D, if they could not find us seats in the MDR, we were just going to have it delivered to our suites. 

I know kind of a jerk move, but we might of also had a little to drink already in the suite lounge.  But then maybe it was really that $20 that got us seated in about 5-10 minutes.  Guess i 'll never know.  Certainly one of our best cruises as far as meeting someone else we enjoyed spending time with.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked a sailing on 23OCT via my travel agent.  Yesterday I called Royal directly, and asked to be waitlisted for MyTime Dining (I am currently in second seating), which the agent said she did.

Since the sailing is 75 days away, I don't even have the cruise docs issued yet.  Will the "waitlist" show up on the cruise docs once they are issued?  because right now I don't see it mentioned anywhere else on royalaribbean.com under my upcoming cruise.