Izumi Orders

Steph215

Sailing on Independence in a few weeks and would like to get sushi at Izumi. Do I have to pay the $46 on the cruise planner for specialty dining or can I just go to the restaurant when I'd like and order/pay for sushi to take it to go to eat in my room? Hoping I can just order sushi when I'm in the mood without having to pay almost $50.

1 hour ago, Steph215 said:

Sailing on Independence in a few weeks and would like to get sushi at Izumi. Do I have to pay the $46 on the cruise planner for specialty dining or can I just go to the restaurant when I'd like and order/pay for sushi to take it to go to eat in my room? Hoping I can just order sushi when I'm in the mood without having to pay almost $50.

You can just stop by for takeout ala carte, or you can make a reservation onboard to dine ala carte, rather than the fixed price deal they sell on the Cruise Planner. We always do ala carte at Izumi Sushi and always come out ahead on cost -- we just don't eat enough to justify the fixed price thing!

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Also a lot of time on Indy, they will have onboard specials. They don't often fill up for lunch, so I have seen deals at Izumi for around that time. 

How/where are these deals offered?  Any place special I should keep my eye on?  My son could eat his weight in sushi but we were never able to make it happen in March (even with a suite concierge but that’s a whole other thread!).  Will be on Harmony again in May and I’d like to make up for it.

There were people in front of Izumi at lunch time offering deals as well as people by the Windjammer. The first day was the best deal. I think Izumi is like one of 2 specialty restaurants open on port days as well and maybe that's why. Hibachi is always filled but I saw some great deals for lunch on the sushi side.

This is interesting.  I would like to be able to get only a serving of sushi for lunch-the entire meal is much too filling for lunch.  I will be Voyager in October and would like to avoid the Windjammer for boarding day lunch.  Chops is the only option in the CP, and it is more money than I want to pay and more food than I want to eat.  I would happily go to Playmakers or Johnny Rockets but that ship has neither.  The app lists Izumi as open for lunch on boarding day, so I will hope that is an option.