Royal Promenade inspiration

According to this article

https://www.avidcruiser.com/cruise-reviews/big-ship/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/oasis-of-the-seas/

“Running about half the ship’s total length, the promenade aboard Oasis resembles the mixed-use shopping/entertainment/residential districts in any number of American cities, and acts as a central boulevard for the ship…”

• 2 weeks later...

Only my opinion, but I very much miss the Promenades that are somewhat missing on some newer boats.

Our first cruises, Freedom, Explorer, Oasis... the promenades are much of what endeared us so much with cruising.  We love the Promenades.

Breakaway and Odyssey, very abbreviated promenades, and although the ships were fantastic, and the amenities world class, it's not the same without traditional Promenades.

And that, Dennis, is why we have choices.😀

1 hour ago, WAYNO said:

Only my opinion, but I very much miss the Promenades that are somewhat missing on some newer boats.

Our first cruises, Freedom, Explorer, Oasis... the promenades are much of what endeared us so much with cruising.  We love the Promenades.

Breakaway and Odyssey, very abbreviated promenades, and although the ships were fantastic, and the amenities world class, it's not the same without traditional Promenades.

And that, Dennis, is why we have choices.😀

Same here. I was very underwhelmed by the promenade on Odyssey.

1 hour ago, WAYNO said:

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Same here. I was very underwhelmed by the promenade on Odyssey.

My mom would agree with you on the Odyssey promenade. She said it felt smaller with less to do. I saw what she meant but basically said, the issue is that the promenade curves instead of running straight through the ship and I think that curve messes with the flow because you have a small bottle neck area. It's not one I had a problem with when were on Odyssey just after the restart but I can imagine it being a bit less enjoyable on a full capacity sailing. It also, unfortunately, doesn't have the best room for promenade events which might be why things like the 70s party were in Two70.