Pushy Street Vendors

RogerC1

If you also stop at Labadee, the vendors on the back road (not the fixed price store) can be pushy as indicated by @waytoo.  The worst we experienced was in Turkey, so no worries on your cruise.  St. Thomas wasn't bad -- it's your choice to go to souvenir shops or not.  Can't comment on St. Kitts.  Had no problems in San Juan or St. Maarten.

In Jamaica we had a couple vendors actually climb aboard our boat that returns us to the ship and tell us that we forgot to "Tip" our guide that took us up Dunn's River Falls. We informed him that we always tip and did not forget.  He argued with the group for several minutes and had to be told to leave the boat because we were leaving the Falls. 

From our personal experiences, Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica and taxi drivers in Nassau, Bahamas. (I don't need a ride to anywhere! I just got back from somewhere else on the island!)

After being to these two ports, I found that vendors in St. Thomas and St. Kitts don't seem to be pushy at all!

On 7/8/2022 at 9:44 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Jamaica has the most aggressive street vendors IMO.  The vendors on Labadee are aggressive as well but they're easy to avoid.  St. Thomas and St. Kitts aren't a problem...or never have been, for me.

Not just the street vendors.....we did Dunns River Falls on one of our cruises and we forgot our tip money on the bus. The guide followed us onto the bus and when we gave him the tip, he stood there wanting more. 

As far as street vendors go...we never make eye contact. You do that you are in some serious trouble. 

• 4 weeks later...