Solarium Bridge Wings Closed During Sail Away- Wonder of the Seas

I was recently on the Wonder of the Seas out of Barcelona.  I have always read that the solarium bridge wings were a good place to watch sail away.  So, I set up camp in the solarium, got one of the nice round couch things and drinks early in the afternoon and waited, figuring I would walk out on the wing once we started disconnecting from the pier.  However, about 30 minutes before we were set to sail away a crew member came and ushered everyone off of the bridge wings, and then put rope in front of them with a sign indicating they were closed.

Is this common?  Any idea why they do this?

Edited by swimking1
Tags Added

12 minutes ago, swimking1 said:

I was recently on the Wonder of the Seas out of Barcelona.  I have always read that the solarium bridge wings were a good place to watch sail away.  So, I set up camp in the solarium, got one of the nice round couch things and drinks early in the afternoon and waited, figuring I would walk out on the wing once we started disconnecting from the pier.  However, about 30 minutes before we were set to sail away a crew member came and ushered everyone off of the bridge wings, and then put rope in front of them with a sign indicating they were closed.

Is this common?  Any idea why they do this?

Do you know how long they had the wings closed off?  Just for sail away, a little while after, or entire cruise?

8 hours ago, Moby Dick said:

Do you know how long they had the wings closed off?  Just for sail away, a little while after, or entire cruise?

I did not stick around too long after sail away, so I do not know exactly when they reopened them, but they were definitely open other days of the cruise after that.

When I sailed in Wonder back in March they had an issue where the doors to the bridge wings got stuck, likely because of wind, and folks couldn't get them open to get back in so they could close them off when it gets windy enough.  I know it can get super windy at the front of the ship when it's moving.

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

When I sailed in Wonder back in March they had an issue where the doors to the bridge wings got stuck, likely because of wind, and folks couldn't get them open to get back in so they could close them off when it gets windy enough.  I know it can get super windy at the front of the ship when it's moving.

Seconding this experience.  We were on the third Wonder sailing and the bridge wings access was “locked” during parts of that cruise.  Went there at various times and days but only found them open once, while at port in St. Thomas.