Which Shows Are Reserved on Allure?

Actually, I believe the only show(s) that might require a reservation would be the ice show.........maybe the adult comedy show. Most shows in the main theater are first come first serve now and I think only the adult comedy show is in a small enough venue that it might require a reservation.

50 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Actually, I believe the only show(s) that might require a reservation would be the ice show.........maybe the adult comedy show. Most shows in the main theater are first come first serve now and I think only the adult comedy show is in a small enough venue that it might require a reservation.

Unless Allure is different from Harmony (which I highly doubt), they all take reservations. You may or may not be able to get a seat without one, of course, but I didn't think that's what the OP wanted to know.

Reservations are most important for the adult comedy show due to the small venue as every time slot will fill up.

14 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Unless Allure is different from Harmony (which I highly doubt), they all take reservations. You may or may not be able to get a seat without one, of course, but I didn't think that's what the OP wanted to know.

Reservations are most important for the adult comedy show due to the small venue as every time slot will fill up.

I believe OP ask if they had to reserve all the shows and I replied based on that. Most of the ships have removed reservation requirements for main theater productions and have gone back to first come first serve as in they don't require them, but you can make them. Many people have posted to "reserving" and not actually being able to attend because they were full up. 

10 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I believe OP ask if they had to reserve all the shows and I replied based on that. Most of the ships have removed reservation requirements for main theater productions and have gone back to first come first serve as in they don't require them, but you can make them. Many people have posted to "reserving" and not actually being able to attend because they were full up. 

Quantum and small classes historically never used reservation in the theater and these classes have mostly gone back to that approach, but Oasis class have always used reservations in the main theatre.  Which Oasis class ships aren't using reservations now?  

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

Quantum and small classes historically never used reservation in the theater and these classes have mostly gone back to that approach, but Oasis class have always used reservations in the main theatre.  Which Oasis class ships aren't using reservations now?  

It seems like Oasis and Allure has had the first come and first serve for main theater, lately. It could have been a few one-offs. I keep hoping they will allow us to reserve in CP 30 days beforehand because it is listed but who knows. 

26 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It seems like Oasis and Allure has had the first come and first serve for main theater, lately. It could have been a few one-offs. I keep hoping they will allow us to reserve in CP 30 days beforehand because it is listed but who knows. 

Seems like or you know 1st hand you couldn't make reservations? Every show I mentioned took reservations on Harmony 5/29 and, as stated above, Oasis class has always used reservations..

2 hours ago, twangster said:

The headliners on Oasis class usually didn't require reservations the last few times I've sailed them.  The normal weekly shows like the musicals required them still, but not the singer or magician or whatever the drive-by entertainment for the sailing was.

I sailed Allure out of Port Everglades last month. What was strange is that we could not book shows on the app or the web site before the sailing. This was a late booking for us, about 3w before sailing so, if we'd booked way in advance maybe that option would have been available. My take is that the entertainment schedule wasn't fixed until just prior to sailing. If you tried to see when a show was being presented in advance and on your app schedule, you couldn't see it. 

Once aboard and connected to the ship's internet, we could book shows. Our interest was in Mama Mia, the ice show and the water show.  We are late diners so preference was for the 7:00 shows. If I recall, we didn't have any problems booking times that allowed us to dine (main, anytime) around 8:30 or so. However, specialty dining was another matter. Because we boarded late (2-2:30), most specialty restaurants were booked (these could be booked in advance and they certainly were it appeared). Getting a seating that allowed us to see a 7pm show either before it or after it was hard.

Three points:

The way reserved show seating worked on this Allure sailing was that you needed to show up at the door 15 minutes or earlier before show time. 20-30 minutes was better if you wanted to select your seat from many. Staff were present and would check your app/sea pass using QR codes to verify your reservation. At around 15 minutes prior to show time, it's open seating. 

I found the Diamond Concierge to be very useful in sorting out specialty restaurant reservations. I don't think it is any secret that the restaurants may be understaffed and there's some tables that aren't booked but might be available. That turned out to be the case for the one place we wanted to dine, Izumi. Check the Diamond Concierge hours. Visit at off times otherwise you'll wait a while.  

The app does not allow you to make more than one reservation per show. We would have seen Mama Mia twice. We planned to walk in to the matinee but it got cancelled as one of the the leads and his/her understudy "got sick." That's all we were told.  

You cannot book any shows on Oasis class until you board now (or at least connect to the ship’s internet, which may or may not work from the terminal).

An exception would be having a suite concierge make reservations for you ahead of time.

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

The app does not allow you to make more than one reservation per show. We would have seen Mama Mia twice. We planned to walk in to the matinee but it got cancelled as one of the the leads and his/her understudy "got sick." That's all we were told.  

I find the app annoying in that once you’ve reserved a show it does not show up to book anymore.  I get it, you can only reserve once but you can go on standby.  It’s hard to standby for something when you don’t know it’s running!  On a side night  this was the experience on my app, but not my friends, yet we had both seen the comedy via reservation -same day/time/I could not see any additional shows  she could.