How deep is the snorkeling water in Charlotte Amalie?

JBird1977

Sorry to say most snorkeling is done over reefs where they don't want you touching the reef including standing on it.  That can be very destructive to a reef.  Snorkeling over sandy areas where you can stand is usually void of a lot to see so not the best snorkeling. 

The best snorkeling tends to be in places where the water depth is 10 to 25 feet deep. At these depths the seafloor is protected from surface wave action yet not so deep that sunlight still reaches the seabed in a meaningful way.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:55 PM, JBird1977 said:

Hi, friends!

If anyone has done the "Adventure Turbo Cat Snorkel and Beach Escape", how deep was the water where the snorkeling happens?  I'm a scaredy cat and will only snorkel if I know I can put my feet down and stand!  Thanks~

You can "beach snorkel" at Trunk Bay, St John's. There are excursions that go there or you can do it on your own.

The best views would be out a bit, over your head, but there are things to see closer to shore.