Boarding time question

Hi,

Forgot (well, working on my computer and it got deleted) to check on this.  Boarding time on my Harmony Dec 31, 2022 cruise is 430 pm.  Is that because it's Dec 31?  With starting being that late, will I have to have a boarding time?  And when is likely sailaway?  Eventually will be trying to make dinner plans etc.  I haven't been on a cruise since boarding times were assigned--how much in advance can you usually sign up?  Jane

I think you are looking at sailing time?  You can check in on the app approximately 45 days prior to sailing.  That is when you select a check in time to show up at the terminal.  That is not the time you actually  board the ship but when you are supposed to arrive.  Typically starts around 11am

The boarding time you mention is the general "All Aboard" time.  When you are allowed to complete the check in procedure online, you'll be able to select a designated boarding time.  When that time comes, you can arrive any time at or after that time.  Many arrive early, sometimes it's enforced, sometimes not.

Usually, the last check-in time will be 90min before departure, so the latest you might board would be 3pm. As others said some time in Nov, you will be allowed to check-in and get a specified time. Which if Harmony is leaving out of PC, PM, or PE, or if you are in a suite/have the Key, won't really matter.

Thanks everyone.  In all my cruises, I hadn’t seen the departure time listed as “boarding time” so I was very very confused and figured it was a weird thing due to New Year’s Eve.  I will now try to get the earliest time I can in November because we are always first on trying not to waste the whole day!  Gotta use that drink package!   Jane