New NextCruise-Like Promotion that Works from Home - For Recent Cruisers Only

Forgot to book another cruise at NextCruise while you were recently on board?  For a limited time if you recently sailed you can get NextCruise-like OBC right from the comfort of home.

The catch?  You must have sailed within the last 30 days.  New bookings only made between July 1 to August 31, 2022.

image.thumb.jpeg.2c83b7ab800f831bf4588e12a342a655.jpeg

Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice.

*Price is per person, in USD, cruise only, applies to select sailings, interior stateroom, based on double-occupancy, and reflects any promotional savings. Welcome Home applies to new Nonrefundable bookings made between July 1 – August 31, 2022 (“Offer Period”), and within 30 days after the guest cruise concludes. Welcome Home offers up to $600 USD to spend at sea (“Onboard Credit” or “OBC”) per stateroom on sailings departing between July 1, 2022 – December 31, 2024. Promo Code “SAILAGAIN” must be entered at the time of booking to receive the OBC. OBC amounts are per stateroom and determined by category booked and sailing length: On sailings 4 to 5 nights, $25 OBC for Interior and Oceanview, $50 for Balconies and Junior Suites and $150 for Suites (Grand Suites and above); on sailings 6 to 9 nights, $50 OBC for Interior and Oceanview, $100 for Balconies and Junior Suites and $300 for Suites (Grand Suites and above); on sailings 10 nights or longer, $100 OBC for Interior and Oceanview, $200 for Balconies and Junior Suites and $600 for Suites (Grand Suites and above). Guest who qualifies for the offer, are eligible to create up to three bookings total with same named guests from previous sailing. OBCs will be added to the new booking after going through a guest information validation, and will be added up to two weeks after the booking has been fully deposited and confirmed. OBC is combinable with brand wide promotions, promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), promo code driven offers, free upgrades, Crown and Anchor discounts, and shareholder benefits but not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Ultimate World Cruise, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates. OBC is nontransferable and does not apply to China departures. Refer to www.RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2022 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: The Bahamas. 212004253 • 6/30/2022

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I assume that promo code is combinable with other promos?

OBC is combinable with brand wide promotions, promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), promo code driven offers, free upgrades, Crown and Anchor discounts, and shareholder benefits but not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Ultimate World Cruise, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates. OBC is nontransferable and does not apply to China departures. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/07/07/royal-caribbean-offering-onboard-booking-bonus-after-your-cruise-ends-limited-time

"Guest who qualifies for the offer, are eligible to create up to three bookings total with same named guests from previous sailing. "

Does that mean a new booking with only those booked on a recent cruise, or a booking that has to include at least those booked on a recent cruise?

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/07/07/royal-caribbean-offering-onboard-booking-bonus-after-your-cruise-ends-limited-time

"Guest who qualifies for the offer, are eligible to create up to three bookings total with same named guests from previous sailing. "

Does that mean a new booking with only those booked on a recent cruise, or a booking that has to include at least those booked on a recent cruise?

Not sure.  As written it suggests the same people but in practice that may not be the case.  

Is this only through a Travel Advisor?  I sailed June 18 (returned June 25th) booked a Next Cruise on the ship, and then booked a new cruise on July 3rd directly with Royal (non refundable deposit).  They did not mention any OBC and it is not on my booking.  If it is only via a Travel Advisor then can I transfer the booking within the 30 days and still obtain that promo?  

31 minutes ago, DMLM said:

Is this only through a Travel Advisor?  I sailed June 18 (returned June 25th) booked a Next Cruise on the ship, and then booked a new cruise on July 3rd directly with Royal (non refundable deposit).  They did not mention any OBC and it is not on my booking.  If it is only via a Travel Advisor then can I transfer the booking within the 30 days and still obtain that promo?  

Id call Royal, since that’s who you booked with, and ask them to apply that promo code.  “I see this promo code (Sailagain) was not applied and should have been since I just got off of a June 18 sailing….” If  they don’t do it hang up, call back or ask for a supervisor “your agent must have overlooked this promotion when I booked….”

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Id call Royal, since that’s who you booked with, and ask them to apply that promo code.  “I see this promo code (Sailagain) was not applied and should have been since I just got off of a June 18 sailing….” If  they don’t do it hang up, call back or ask for a supervisor “your agent must have overlooked this promotion when I booked….”

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  It went exactly as you described.  The first agent said no and that it had to be applied when I booked.  I hung up and then called back to speak with a supervisor.  I had to push him a little but the OBC was applied.  To top it off there was a cruise fare drop so an extra bonus (thanks Kathy from MEI for letting me know!).  

9 hours ago, DMLM said:

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  It went exactly as you described.  The first agent said no and that it had to be applied when I booked.  I hung up and then called back to speak with a supervisor.  I had to push him a little but the OBC was applied.  To top it off there was a cruise fare drop so an extra bonus (thanks Kathy from MEI for letting me know!).  

so glad it worked for you!

On 7/7/2022 at 9:42 AM, smokeybandit said:

When onboard, back in the fall, I wanted to book more than 3 cruises, which is not permitted. the “work around” was I could book 3 and the others could be booked using my husbands name (his allowance). So typically each person on a cruise can book 3 cruises. 

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

When onboard, back in the fall, I wanted to book more than 3 cruises, which is not permitted. the “work around” was I could book 3 and the others could be booked using my husbands name (his allowance). So typically each person on a cruise can book 3 cruises. 

It is permitted, NextCruise agents just need authorization.  Usually that involves them calling Miami aka "Let me ask a higher power".

It was explained to me this is failsafe so that travel agents don't come on board and try to book a gazzilion cruises for all of their clients promising extra OBC.  Otherwise less ethical travel agents would circumvent the intent of the NextCruise program and in the process tie up the NextCruise desk for days booking hundreds of cruises.  Like most policies, I'm guessing someone did this, so a rule was created.  

58 minutes ago, twangster said:

It is permitted, NextCruise agents just need authorization.  Usually that involves them calling Miami aka "Let me ask a higher power".

It was explained to me this is failsafe so that travel agents don't come on board and try to book a gazzilion cruises for all of their clients promising extra OBC.  Otherwise less ethical travel agents would circumvent the intent of the NextCruise program and in the process tie up the NextCruise desk for days booking hundreds of cruises.  Like most policies, I'm guessing someone did this, so a rule was created.  

❤️True.  I was just trying to answer the “who can book next cruise via the promotion”, though looking back I’m not sure that was the question😂

I booked 10 sailings in September through Next Cruise  for the double points promotion.  Hubby was not with me on that cruise, so he couldn’t absorb some of the bookings.   The Next cruise had to seek permission from a supervisor,  they explained the travel agent thing to me, and because all the sailings had my name on the reservation, except one for my SIL on the same date as I was sailing,   they granted permission easily.  I agree, it’s likely a lot of TAs took advantage at some point, causing the need for a new rule. 

We thought we were eligible for this as we sailed on Anthem at the end of June.

Booked via the RC website for an Explorer cruise in 2023, added the Sailagain promo code which seemed to be accepted by the website. Completed the booking and received the invoice. The code had changed to "WELCOME HOME" on the invoice and onboard credit stated $0. I rang RC and after 75 minutes of back and forth was told the promotion is not valid for UK customers!

The T&C above does not mention specific markets and I booked through the UK website. It does say 2 weeks to add the credit so maybe it will be added later. Just found the whole process frustrating and misleading.

6 hours ago, Steve C said:

We thought we were eligible for this as we sailed on Anthem at the end of June.

Booked via the RC website for an Explorer cruise in 2023, added the Sailagain promo code which seemed to be accepted by the website. Completed the booking and received the invoice. The code had changed to "WELCOME HOME" on the invoice and onboard credit stated $0. I rang RC and after 75 minutes of back and forth was told the promotion is not valid for UK customers!

The T&C above does not mention specific markets and I booked through the UK website. It does say 2 weeks to add the credit so maybe it will be added later. Just found the whole process frustrating and misleading.

Indeed.  I'd suggest challenging that ruling.  China is excluded, but otherwise it should apply to Europe.

OBC is nontransferable and does not apply to China departures.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/22004253_Welcome_Home_Consumer_Flyer_v2_EF

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 3:08 PM, twangster said:

Indeed.  I'd suggest challenging that ruling.  China is excluded, but otherwise it should apply to Europe.

OBC is nontransferable and does not apply to China departures.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/22004253_Welcome_Home_Consumer_Flyer_v2_EF

Well its been over 2 weeks since the booking and no credit has been added to mine. Looks like another call to get the matter resolved. Its avoidable little things like this that detract from the Royal cruise experience.

I just got off the Ovation and the problem was not having time but the people in the NextCruise desk were not very friendly or helpful.  They reminded me of a car salesman that determines if you are going to buy as soon as they look at you.  I must look like someone that doe not like to cruise. 😞  On the Symphony in February the person was very helpful and I booked 3 cruises with her.  I was ready to book 2 more but did not have any one that wanted to waste their time with me.

16 hours ago, Steve C said:

Success, had to contact RC this morning, but they have now added the credit. I was told I had booked too late and the claim had rejected. When I went through the dates with the agent it got approved and added.

I'm going to have to call again because they have been giving me the runaround.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, Pattycruise said:

I booked 6 on Grandeur in May. Probably helped that there were just about 700 passengers 

Can anyone who used the Promo Code “SAILAGAIN” tell if the OBC showed up in your Cruise Planner? I booked a cruise this week and used the Promo Code. In the confirmation it states that I got the OBC. However, the OBC does not show in the Cruise Planner. During the last years it has been possible to use the OBC's before your sailing to buy drinkpackages, excursions etc. 

Booked 2 CI on 7/23.  Showed as WELCOME 0,00 during booking and payment.  Not sure when the OBC showed up, but it was there on 8/13 when I logged in.  Booked another cruise on 8/13 and used the code again since we're still within 30 days of our last sailing.  I'll try to keep an eye out for how long the OBC takes to show up for this one.

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 3:37 AM, Mathias said:

Has anyone else who used the Promo Code “SAILAGAIN” had their OBC showing up in the Cruise Planner?

I have still not received the OBC:s for the cruise I booked over two months ago. Did @Gary2T get your OBC for the cruise you booked at 8/13? How about @Suzanneloke and @smokeybandit, have you gotten your OBC:s?

Yes.  The OBC credit for the cruise I booked on 8/13 did show up.  Not sure when, but it was there last week when I went in to my account.

Edited by Gary2T
reply showed up in quote

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 10:40 PM, smokeybandit said:

Has anyone actually gotten this OBC?

Yes, we finally got ours. In the summer of 2022 I booked a cruise for this year in May. Got the OBC added a couple of days before the sail away. Not enough time to use them in the cruise planner, but had no problem using them on the ship so it didn't matter we had to wait almost a year for it to show up.