Only 9:15 availability for MTD

kdaruss

I've been reading that some are making their MTD reservations in advance.   Our cruise is in 4 months, and the app has only given an option of a 9:15 dining time each night, which is too late (we're looking for 8 pm).    Is it possible that there's nothing a little earlier????     I've been checking for the past month, and 9:15 has been the only option.    We're splurging on a suite, so I'm hoping when we get our email the week before sailing that we can book something then.   We do intend to eat in Coastal Kitchen some nights, but the menu just doesn't look appealing, unfortunately.  We're also fine with the buffet some nights and ordering room service some nights, so we certainly won't starve!!

Thanks for any insight on MTD being so booked.

24 minutes ago, kdaruss said:

I've been reading that some are making their MTD reservations in advance.   Our cruise is in 4 months, and the app has only given an option of a 9:15 dining time each night, which is too late (we're looking for 8 pm).    Is it possible that there's nothing a little earlier????     I've been checking for the past month, and 9:15 has been the only option.    We're splurging on a suite, so I'm hoping when we get our email the week before sailing that we can book something then.   We do intend to eat in Coastal Kitchen some nights, but the menu just doesn't look appealing, unfortunately.  We're also fine with the buffet some nights and ordering room service some nights, so we certainly won't starve!!

Thanks for any insight on MTD being so booked.

Email the suite concierge to see if you can get it changed.  I have been able to do this in the past and also requested a table by the windows and the suite concierge made it happen.

Not for us.  I also requested a table by the window for our MTD reservations through an email to the concierge, also mentioned my daughter’s birthday on night one in CK.  Nope, nada, no desired table & not even a candle in a cupcake for my daughter.  Issue with our prepaid Izumi reservation was “I emailed the hotel manager and I don’t know what he’ll do. (we were already on board). Well how do I know what the outcome will be?  I don’t know - I emailed the hotel manager”

it was our first cruise with a concierge.  I was not impressed.

3 hours ago, Pooch said:

Not for us.  I also requested a table by the window for our MTD reservations through an email to the concierge, also mentioned my daughter’s birthday on night one in CK.  Nope, nada, no desired table & not even a candle in a cupcake for my daughter.  Issue with our prepaid Izumi reservation was “I emailed the hotel manager and I don’t know what he’ll do. (we were already on board). Well how do I know what the outcome will be?  I don’t know - I emailed the hotel manager”

it was our first cruise with a concierge.  I was not impressed.

Definatly not my Concierge experience.

Had I made those requests in advance, I would have been at the Concierge's desk the following morning to politely ask what happened. 

Good thing all my Concierge experiances have been with ones that did better than my expectations 

In retrospect maybe I should have but it was our first experience so live and learn I guess.  I found them rather cool & certainly not welcoming.  Felt they really did nothing for us.  I did not feel the need to tip.  Don’t know when we will get this opportunity again (great deal through a lift & shift).

54 minutes ago, Pooch said:

In retrospect maybe I should have but it was our first experience so live and learn I guess.  I found them rather cool & certainly not welcoming.  Felt they really did nothing for us.  I did not feel the need to tip.  Don’t know when we will get this opportunity again (great deal through a lift & shift).

No doubt Experience is the Best Teacher.  Research helps, but actually doing seems the best for me.

Since you are in a suite the concierge will help. I think CP is having issues. I have been trying to do my MTD reservations for a Nav sailing in Sept and nothing is showing up at all. Today it says only "port day 4".......which is bananas since it is a 3night cruise.