Plug Adapter question

So my wife and I are getting ready to go on another cruise here soon and one thing that we want to bring is something to increase the number of plugs available.  I was reading that we weren't allowed to bring surge protectors so I bought one that has a 5 ft plug on it with a few outlets and some usb connections that was good for cruise ships.  (link to amazon).  However reading into requirements on the Royal Caribbean website it says no extension cords.  I have already purchased other ones that just plug in and give me a few extra plugs but I like to have a fan blowing me while sleeping as does my wife so we have 2 small fans we would like to plug in and this would make possible to actually get a fan on both sides of the bed. 

Any input would be appreciated.

This is what we now bring on all cruises

Universal Travel Power Adapter- EPICKA All in One Worldwide International Wall Charger AC Plug Adaptor with Smart Power USB for USA EU UK AUS Cell Phone Laptop (4 USB + Type C - White + Grey) this is from one of the biggest online stores.  Costs about USD $ 24 dollars.  Older ships usually have "2" US plugs and "2" international and this will add plenty of much needed power for your devices.

1 hour ago, zellah said:

So my wife and I are getting ready to go on another cruise here soon and one thing that we want to bring is something to increase the number of plugs available.  I was reading that we weren't allowed to bring surge protectors so I bought one that has a 5 ft plug on it with a few outlets and some usb connections that was good for cruise ships.  (link to amazon).  However reading into requirements on the Royal Caribbean website it says no extension cords.  I have already purchased other ones that just plug in and give me a few extra plugs but I like to have a fan blowing me while sleeping as does my wife so we have 2 small fans we would like to plug in and this would make possible to actually get a fan on both sides of the bed. 

Any input would be appreciated.

Yep, NO cords.  Doesn't matter what the sales company says/promises, the cruise line has the final say.  I'd send it back.  There are many options that don't have cords but they do have several 120 outlets, usb outlets and swivel.  

Maybe go on the website (royal's) and make a case in their ADA special request section that you need an extension cord to run a fan so you can sleep at night.  If they approve, they'll have an extension cord in your stateroom when you arrive or shortly after.  MAYBE!

1 hour ago, not easy being green said:

This is what we now bring on all cruises

Universal Travel Power Adapter- EPICKA All in One Worldwide International Wall Charger AC Plug Adaptor with Smart Power USB for USA EU UK AUS Cell Phone Laptop (4 USB + Type C - White + Grey) this is from one of the biggest online stores.  Costs about USD $ 24 dollars.  Older ships usually have "2" US plugs and "2" international and this will add plenty of much needed power for your devices.

I've used this device as well on a couple recent cruises without any issue.  It's very compact and if you plug it into the European outlet on the ship will give you even more outlets available via the US outlets.  

As an aside, however, I thought it amusing that on my just concluded voyage on Serenade the Lavazza machine in our suite was hooked up by (you guessed it!)... a staff supplied extension cord given it was located nowhere near an outlet.  I'm not saying this to justify brining one on the ship, just as an observation.   🤔

I saw this on a post here and thought it would work well.  It is a night light and provides 4 USB ports which plugs into one of the ships 220 volt plugs.  This will free up the 120 volt plug we usually use for our USB chargers.  The price was good. 

Get it as soon as Fri, Jul 8
FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon

• 1 month later...