My Time Dining Question

Anarose

My fiance and I are honeymooning on Anthem of the Sea this upcoming November.  We have never cruised before but have opted for My Time Dining (MTD) to give ourselves more flexibility throughout our time.  However, now I'm having second thoughts because we have decided against any wifi packages in an attempt to fully disconnect and enjoy our time together.  Do you need wifi to make your MTD time selections on board, or are there opportunities on the ship to do so?  Everyone says you can do it on the app, but without access to the app is this a realistic option?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Anarose said:

My fiance and I are honeymooning on Anthem of the Sea this upcoming November.  We have never cruised before but have opted for My Time Dining (MTD) to give ourselves more flexibility throughout our time.  However, now I'm having second thoughts because we have decided against any wifi packages in an attempt to fully disconnect and enjoy our time together.  Do you need wifi to make your MTD time selections on board, or are there opportunities on the ship to do so?  Everyone says you can do it on the app, but without access to the app is this a realistic option?  Thanks!

My time does give you maximum flexibility.  You don't need an internet package to use the app.  In addition, you can always stop by restaurants to make specific reservations if desired.  You can knock that out on embarkation day if desired.

3 hours ago, Anarose said:

I recommend making your MTD reservations in advance through the cruise planner.  You can always change them later on board, but it helps to have them, especially on night 1.  Things are always a little crazy on night 1 in MTD.  

We were able to make My Time reservations via the web cruise planner for our August cruise.  Are those reservations "locked in" or do we need to confirm them?  In our past sailings we always made them on board.  We also never had issues with the reservation time be honored within 5 or 10 minutes.  From what I have read recently MTD reservations were not necessarily honored and wait times for a table were much longer.  Have they over committed MTD table availability?

On 7/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, Anarose said:

You really want to make MTD reservations before your cruise, or else dining times will be limited (or you will be stuck in line).