Sailing with an 11 month old to Alaska

Hello! I wanted to know your thoughts about sailing to Alaska with my 11 month old. We are supposed to leave on July 22 on the ovation of the seas and I am just hearing about the increasing number of cases in Alaska right now and wanted to get your thoughts about this. Should I cancel?

As someone that caught covid in Alaska this year, I'd still say life is full of risk. You can't live your life in fear you might get sick, especially since you're vaccinated and serious life-threatening covid is very unlikely.

It really stunk getting sick, but what's the alternative....stay at home for another year? Nah, I'll go on vacation and take my chances.

Just understand that a cute 11-month-old on a cruise is a "grandma" magnet.  My daughter and SIL took our granddaughter on cruise when she was about that age.  Daughter said it got tiresome having to stop the stroller all the time as everyone wants to "see the baby", and then go thru a 20 questions overview.  How old is she?  What is her name? Does she like cruising? Does she sleep well on the ship? Etc. 😆😆😆 At first it was all good, by day 4 😬 🙄