Booking next cruise onboard

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Ok this thread has me thinking (never a good thing!).  I’ve advised my brother (remember him?  Missed the Harmony cruise?) to contact his TA about the FCC kicker that seems to be, well, kicking around.  Suggested a 7 day WC on Harmony in May as a possibility.  I will also then need to book my family on that cruise.  Our next cruise is in late October.  Should I wait to book on board? Or is that too far away?

That's a tough one.  Is it worth the risk of a price increase to get that OBC?
Is there "enough" FCC to go around?  If more than 2 people with FCC can you split the people booking the cabin into 2 different cabins to get people with FCC in both.  The only problem, as you are well aware, is if something happens and those people don't make the flight/cruise.

35 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Is there "enough" FCC to go around?  If more than 2 people with FCC can you split the people booking the cabin into 2 different cabins to get people with FCC in both.  The only problem, as you are well aware, is if something happens and those people don't make the flight/cruise.

The sort of “plan” would be for him to book 2 rooms, a JS For him & his SO and probably a balcony for his son and mine using the 2 FCCs he has.  Then I would just pay him back for my son’s fare.  I would book another JS for my husband & I, maybe my daughter if she wants to come.  Really my concern is there will be a lack of JSs if I wait.  Probably not a good idea this time around.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I agree, this is very pertinent.

I just YOLO booked for Norway next year. I was planning on waiting and booking on board Anthem in September but I saw what I thought was a very decent price and I didn't want to chance it. I would have got $50 OBC if I'd waited. The room type I booked has increased in price by $100 in the space of a few days. I'm so glad I booked it when I did.

Thanks everyone.  After reading all of the comments, I think I'll just skip the stress and book it when I can really look things over and watch the promotions.   I was looking at the Sailing to Bermuda but I'm not sure if we want that yet anyway.    Happy Sailing.  8 weeks to go!

26 minutes ago, Essie said:

Thanks everyone.  After reading all of the comments, I think I'll just skip the stress and book it when I can really look things over and watch the promotions.   I was looking at the Sailing to Bermuda but I'm not sure if we want that yet anyway.    Happy Sailing.  8 weeks to go!

I guess I don't get this.  You can get the Next Cruise certificate that allows you quite a while to book something once off the ship. You don't need to choose  your sailing right there and then.

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I guess I don't get this.  You can get the Next Cruise certificate that allows you quite a while to book something once off the ship. You don't need to choose  your sailing right there and then.

I know other lines do this, not sure about RCI. Its basically a Future Cruise Credit you pay for:) So you can use it for a future sailing yet to be decided.