Convenient hotel for cruise out of Boston

Just booked a New England/Canada cruise for this fall leaving from Boston.  I am looking for a hotel that is convenient to the cruise port.  I am not looking for a luxury hotel; it is only one night and we will arrive late in the afternoon.  Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

Mrs Fan and I are staying at the Westin Boston Seaport for our Oct 23 sailing on Voyager OTS.  Booked with Bonvoy Points.

We are booked on the Oct 23rd Voyager too!  Can't wait to go to Prince Edward Island. but we are bumming they dumped the Bar Harbor stop originally scheduled for day 2...

18 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Why doesn't anyone ever want to cruise with me?!?! *sob*

I wish we could. 

I have one more week of vacation to use before the end of the year (or I lose it), and this was the only open week. 

Normally we’d go to camp, but every time we go there, we end up working harder than we do at our real jobs, so we decided to take a real vacation.  Boston being only a two hour drive helped us decide, too. 

18 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

Just booked a New England/Canada cruise for this fall leaving from Boston.  I am looking for a hotel that is convenient to the cruise port.  I am not looking for a luxury hotel; it is only one night and we will arrive late in the afternoon.  Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

The MOST convenient is the Homewood Suites by Hilton ( Hampton Inn) There is no hotel closer to Flynn Cruise port. This is a brand new hotel. If you go to the hotel's website the second picture is the view of the Cruise port ... 

36 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

By the way, when did they remove the Bar Harbor stop?  I booked on Saturday, and it was still showing, although I did notice there are no excursions listed.

Not sure.  I did mention it above as originally being scheduled for day 2, but it is not listed now.  This pisses me off as I love Bar Harbor.  Leary's has great lobster rolls, but their french fries have always been to die for...

https://www.learyslanding.com/

11 minutes ago, teddy said:

Bay Harbor is not overly cruise ship friendly.  This may play a part. 

Yes, you have to tender.  But IMO it is worth it.  I would gladly skip a different port if I was given the option.  BUT, it is not my call.  I just hate it when one of my favorite ports gets cancelled on a cruise after I have it booked.  It happens...

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

Not sure.  I did mention it above as originally being scheduled for day 2, but it is not listed now.  This pisses me off as I love Bar Harbor.  Leary's has great lobster rolls, but their french fries have always been to die for...

https://www.learyslanding.com/

Bar Harbor is  still showing on my app and in the cruise planner, as well as on the booking site.  I wonder if they will substitute another port?

21 hours ago, YOLO said:

We are booked on the Oct 23rd Voyager too!  Can't wait to go to Prince Edward Island. but we are bumming they dumped the Bar Harbor stop originally scheduled for day 2...

WHAAAT.  I have not seen that Bar Harbor was removed.  They still show it as a stop on the RCCL website.  We went to Bar Harbor area (Winter Harbor) last fall and did the Acadia visit and more, so not real bummed about not stopping there is what you are saying is true (not that I don't believe you).  Just took this screenshot from the RCCL website. 

image.thumb.png.8f35375a241f2c35143005de5c43ad88.png