flight cancellations........

togo

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

There are still nuts like me "out there" that redeye in the day of the cruise. Only do that 3 of my next 5 runs but the other 2 I fly in the morning of the cruise 🙃

As I've gotten older the red eye has become less appealing.  Like partying too hard it takes too long to recover now.  🙂 

I don't fly during the holidays so I will be doing a day-of, first flight out on my Sept Navigator cruise. I pretty much always do day-of when I fly solo as I am the easiest to accommodate. I was thinking about cancelling my meetings and flying in the day before, but I couldn't swing it. Got a great deal on airfare as the price has almost doubled since then. Even with a late plane, I will be more than fine.

21 hours ago, luv2sail said:

Are there any direct flights from a US city to Barcelona? Wondering if we should drive to that "mystery" city and then fly straight to Barcelona for our cruise next summer.

Multiple airlines fly nonstop to BCN.  Next summer you will be able to fly nonstop to BCN from JFK, EWR, IAD, CLT, ATL, PHL, DFW, BOS, and ORD.  There could be flights as well from SFO and LAX next summer but I'm not 100% positive about those flights resuming.

17 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Multiple airlines fly nonstop to BCN.  Next summer you will be able to fly nonstop to BCN from JFK, EWR, IAD, CLT, ATL, PHL, DFW, BOS, and ORD.  There could be flights as well from SFO and LAX next summer but I'm not 100% positive about those flights resuming.

Thank you! I will check out some options.

On 7/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It was! I did not want to bother my TA either. They don't get commission on flights and these flights (the one that was cancelled on March 12th) I had booked directly through Delta anyway. But it was a cruise with a group of friends, and she had heard from others that I was in trouble. She went out her way. It was beyond her job description.

Now that's a GREAT TA!!!

On 7/4/2022 at 10:03 AM, twangster said:

As I've gotten older the red eye has become less appealing.  Like partying too hard it takes too long to recover now.  🙂 

I did my first red-eye in March and ended up sleeping like the dead.  I felt awful the next few days!  I’m definitely too old for this lol!   Jane

Ok…I was playing with it and now am convinced!  I was going to fly in first flight the day before our New Year’s Eve cruise, but I was stressed about weather too.  Now Add on the travel issues and I’m flying 2 days early.  Im worried on the return, but will book an early afternoon on that Saturday and hope.    Driving from Chicago to Florida straight is just not gonna work.  

I will say, I flew Chicago to Orlando in February and Chicago to LA in march and there were no delays at all.  Seems like things are getting worse though….   Jane

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Ok…I was playing with it and now am convinced!  I was going to fly in first flight the day before our New Year’s Eve cruise, but I was stressed about weather too.  Now Add on the travel issues and I’m flying 2 days early.  Im worried on the return, but will book an early afternoon on that Saturday and hope.    Driving from Chicago to Florida straight is just not gonna work.  

I will say, I flew Chicago to Orlando in February and Chicago to LA in march and there were no delays at all.  Seems like things are getting worse though….   Jane

Chicago actually has a better rate of flights leaving, probably because ORD is always very busy. I have flown to MCO from ORD in Jan and Feb, CT in June and to Memphis last week. All my flights have been okay, slight delays but nothing I would get upset about.