xSAILEDx Spectrum of the Seas - Jan 2, 2023 - Jan 9, 2023 (7 Night Spice Of Southeast Asia Cruise)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Super excited about the cruise. This is my first roll call and 3rd cruise in my life.  Will be checking out the self-led solo meetups so please say hi if you are solo and also going to go to one of those. Also noticing the Thailand excursions haven't been released (and kind of surprised how late it is - I was thinking that this itinerary has already been running for this ship (I know there were different ones when the ship first started sailing). Maybe none of the same itinerary have run yet? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! This is ALSO my first roll call, 3rd cruise, and I'm travelling solo. My first cruise, I tried to go to a solo meet up but I suspect the 5 people in the vicinity were all trying to be inconspicuous so much that it didn't seem like a meetup was happening at all. I guess if i go and just repeat "Buffets Time" I'll get a different outcome  😅

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Spectrum of the Seas - Jan 2, 2023 - Jan 9, 2023 (7 Night Spice Of Southeast Asia Cruise)
  • 1 month later...

Kia ora! We booked this while cruising in Alaska back in July - truly can't think of two more different itineraries! 

Still no excursions available for Thailand, but Royal sail into Phuket for the first time in ages in just a few weeks, so I suspect they'll appear them. Having been to both Thailand & Malaysia before though, we'll likely do all of our exploring independently. Happy to make some suggestions to anyone!

On 9/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, EnSeven said:

Hi! This is ALSO my first roll call, 3rd cruise, and I'm travelling solo. My first cruise, I tried to go to a solo meet up but I suspect the 5 people in the vicinity were all trying to be inconspicuous so much that it didn't seem like a meetup was happening at all. I guess if i go and just repeat "Buffets Time" I'll get a different outcome  😅

That was also my experience so I've never attempted it again. I'm always weary that people think solo=single=pineapple, and i just can't be bothered with all that

6 hours ago, totalmorganmove said:

Kia ora! We booked this while cruising in Alaska back in July - truly can't think of two more different itineraries! 

Still no excursions available for Thailand, but Royal sail into Phuket for the first time in ages in just a few weeks, so I suspect they'll appear them. Having been to both Thailand & Malaysia before though, we'll likely do all of our exploring independently. Happy to make some suggestions to anyone!

Kia ora. I love New Zealanders... I'm Aussie so I'm kind of obligated to, but i do anyway 😄

I too have been to Thailand but i do like a prearranged half day tour, it makes me feel like I've accomplished something, i like having a half plan for the day. Haven't been to Malaysia but i can't wait to eat everything they have to offer. The Malaysian food in Sydney is some next level awesome 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Spectrum of the Seas - Jan 2, 2023 - Jan 9, 2023 (7 Night Spice Of Southeast Asia Cruise)