Drinking package Tumbler cups out of stock?

59 minutes ago, teddy said:

I like the Powerade options along with the flavors that aren’t available at the bars….the various cream sodas, root beer, etc, plus I like to mix different concoctions  

My tastes tend to be kinda eclectic. 🙂

Yeah, Powerade for sure! That was actually something that appealed to my family as well.

8 hours ago, MicDay said:

I love how different people are, I can't stand the Freestyle machines yet others love them.  To me they ruin the taste of soda but maybe that's because I'm a plain Coke drinker.  

If you think the machines ruin the flavor, you can always order a can of coke from the bar or waiter and let those who enjoy the freestyle machines enjoy them. 

That’s what I do.

9 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

If you think the machines ruin the flavor, you can always order a can of coke from the bar or waiter and let those who enjoy the freestyle machines enjoy them. 

That’s what I do.

Thank you, that is what I do since I've never used the cups but I appreciate the tip.  I'm too absent minded that I would leave my cup somewhere and forget where.

11 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I love the freestyle machines; I love that I can make my Coke Zero orange vanilla or have Fanta zero fruit punch. I drink Coke Zero/Coke at home, I am on vacation, it's time to live it up!

I'm not a big soda drinker but I lovvvvvvvve to mix sodas. It's weird but I like to flavor things that I wouldn't normally drink. Maybe a diet coke with a splash of regular cherry coke. 

On another note all of you people posting pics of saved cups are giving me major anxiety. 🤣 I've spent my weekend throwing out all unneeded stuff throughout my home. 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:07 PM, TheBurnsTravelers said:

Yeah, Powerade for sure! That was actually something that appealed to my family as well.

PoweradeZero is my drink of choice at home and work.  On Anthem in April  it wasn’t as available in the freestyle machines as I’d hoped. The Doghouse was out of it 100% of the time and the one in Sorrentos wasn’t great either.  I was able to get it to fill my cup when mixing lemon and lime…

It’s disappointing that ships that don’t have the freestyle machines don’t seem to offer an alternative when it comes to Powerade.  Unless someone knows something I don’t?

on Liberty next year, it looks like I’ll be lugging an 8 pack of 20 ounce bottles around on embarkation day.

Symphony appeared to have an issue on the June 18th sailing with the cups.  I was in the Pub and noticed there was a large influx of people trying to get their mug from the bartenders.  I was told that the ship was replacing the regular mugs with what appeared to be a nicer cup (Blue & Silver with a C&A on the mug).

Supply chain issues are real but wonder if they are purging older mugs.  I thought the mug they were giving as a replacement was far more attractive.  

Well, we are a diverse segment of society, aren't we!  Some love the Freestyle machines while other hate it.  Some love the old style tumblers while others hate them.  Our tastes for the type of soda we enjoy is all over the place.  

I really enjoy reading about our diversity and why some people do this and others do that.  I've got a lot of good ideas and understandings from reading, not only this thread but many many others.  

Let's keep on keep'in on!

For those of you have gotten the tumblers old and new, what do you guys do with them afterwards? As mainly a deluxe beverage package consumer who doesn't really use the freestyle nor the tumblers I'm trying to think what to do with them as I have about 2-3 in their original shrink wrap. 

Secondly I would love for there to be some benefit for those cruisers who bring back their tumblers. 

7 hours ago, KevinJ said:

Is there a simple way to determine if a ship has the free style machines, I've not been on one that doesn't. From the deck map in the app I don't see any on Voyager?

I found this when I was looking to see if Liberty had them. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/which-ships-have-freestyle-machines

17 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

For those of you have gotten the tumblers old and new, what do you guys do with them afterwards? As mainly a deluxe beverage package consumer who doesn't really use the freestyle nor the tumblers I'm trying to think what to do with them as I have about 2-3 in their original shrink wrap. 

Secondly I would love for there to be some benefit for those cruisers who bring back their tumblers. 

We just leave them in the room, unopened.  I’ve never once used one.

On 7/9/2022 at 5:04 AM, teddy said:

I am one of those people. 
I canceled my soda package for our upcoming Liberty cruise when I read that she has no Freestyle machines.

when we booked Liberty (having done Freedom before) we didn't know they didn't have the machines. Honestly it was AWFUL only being able to get sprite or coke at the bars. I can't really drink plain water and not having the option for powerade or flavored dasani (the only way dasnit is acceptable lol) was awful! Any time we weren't in a restaurant I was DYING for water.

7 hours ago, KevinJ said:

Is there a simple way to determine if a ship has the free style machines, I've not been on one that doesn't. From the deck map in the app I don't see any on Voyager?

Here is the list which can be found at: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-coca-cola-freestyle-machines

Coca-Cola® freestyle machines are currently available on the following ships:

Adventure of the Seas®
    Allure of the Seas®
    Anthem of the Seas®
    Enchantment of the Seas®
    Explorer of the Seas®
    Freedom of the Seas®
    Grandeur of the Seas®
    Harmony of the Seas®
    Independence of the Seas®
    Jewel of the Seas®
    Mariner of the Seas®
    Navigator of the Seas®
    Oasis of the Seas®
    Odyssey of the Seas®
    Ovation of the Seas®
    Quantum of the Seas®
    Rhapsody of the Seas®
    Symphony of the Seas®

20 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

Prior to buying my stainless steel water bottle, I kept one at my desk at work.

I've also used them as travel mugs in the car (for the one I have that can hold hot drinks) and the more recent cold drink-only design was a LIFESAVER when I was recovering from (1) getting my wisdom teeth pulled and (2) covid booster 1.

9 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

when we booked Liberty (having done Freedom before) we didn't know they didn't have the machines. Honestly it was AWFUL only being able to get sprite or coke at the bars. I can't really drink plain water and not having the option for powerade or flavored dasani (the only way dasnit is acceptable lol) was awful! Any time we weren't in a restaurant I was DYING for water.

Here is the list which can be found at: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-coca-cola-freestyle-machines

Coca-Cola® freestyle machines are currently available on the following ships:

Adventure of the Seas®
    Allure of the Seas®
    Anthem of the Seas®
    Enchantment of the Seas®
    Explorer of the Seas®
    Freedom of the Seas®
    Grandeur of the Seas®
    Harmony of the Seas®
    Independence of the Seas®
    Jewel of the Seas®
    Mariner of the Seas®
    Navigator of the Seas®
    Oasis of the Seas®
    Odyssey of the Seas®
    Ovation of the Seas®
    Quantum of the Seas®
    Rhapsody of the Seas®
    Symphony of the Seas®

Prior to buying my stainless steel water bottle, I kept one at my desk at work.

I've also used them as travel mugs in the car (for the one I have that can hold hot drinks) and the more recent cold drink-only design was a LIFESAVER when I was recovering from (1) getting my wisdom teeth pulled and (2) covid booster 1.

Oh wow, totally just realized that Wonder isn't on the list. That really surprises me.

2 hours ago, TheBurnsTravelers said:

Oh wow, totally just realized that Wonder isn't on the list. That really surprises me.

It seems to take them quite a bit to update this list. When we went on odyssey - a good couple months after she had her first sailings - it still wasn't in the list. I'm certain Wonder has them. They seem to be standard fare in the new ships.

2 hours ago, KevinJ said:

I can confirm that Wonder has them. We're on Voyager in October, not sure what my wife is going to use the refreshment package for. She can't drink carbonated beverages, she gets the flavored waters from the machine. Perhaps she'll start exploring some mocktails?

You should be able to take on powdered drink mixes or Mio (those squeezey things) to flavor the water you can get at the bars. You can also bring on a case of water so you could opt to bring on flavored water.

Refreshment package also allows for the fancy juices so maybe she can drink that?

20 minutes ago, TheBurnsTravelers said:

I know what you mean, were going to be on the Allure Aug 14th cruise and fingers were crossed. 😊

I'm on the one right after you so PLEASE update with if you have them or not! I've been debating packing one of my old ones if only to use to transfer from the crappy cup (though that then means I'm carrying around two cups all cruise....)

4 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I'm on the one right after you so PLEASE update with if you have them or not! I've been debating packing one of my old ones if only to use to transfer from the crappy cup (though that then means I'm carrying around two cups all cruise....)

I'm debating bringing an old cup, then peeling the sticker off the new tumbler and sticking it on the old in order to avoid carrying around two cups. My only hesitation is that I'll get the side eye from crew and/or passengers with the mistaken impression that I'm running some sort of soda scam. Keeping my fingers crossed for the old style cups on Ovation in the coming days!

15 minutes ago, libertyelle said:

I'm debating bringing an old cup, then peeling the sticker off the new tumbler and sticking it on the old in order to avoid carrying around two cups. My only hesitation is that I'll get the side eye from crew and/or passengers with the mistaken impression that I'm running some sort of soda scam. Keeping my fingers crossed for the old style cups on Ovation in the coming days!

I'd be curious if this works.  The machine might get two responses, one from the chip in the original cup and one from the sticker.  Presented with two responses I'm curious if it defaults to deny or allow. 

13 hours ago, libertyelle said:

I'd be tempted if you can show this works. I will have proof the new package is paid for but no worry over the condensation cup

On 7/18/2022 at 3:09 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

You got it! I'll make sure to post a pic when I can.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, libertyelle said:

Ovation had decorative insulated tumblers with embedded chips in May,

2 hours ago, beachmama said:

On the Adventure and the old cups are back in stock. Also pleased to find compostable straws vs paper. Surprised to find plastic Poland springs water bottles. No canned to aluminum water bottles. 

How is the drink selection in the machines on Adventure? I'm sailing later this week and hoping they aren't out of any of the sodas.

3 hours ago, Jubin said:

How is the drink selection in the machines on Adventure? I'm sailing later this week and hoping they aren't out of any of the sodas.

Well to be honest this may or may not matter. They could have all the drinks for the previous sailing and then be out for yours or vice versa.