Vaccine booster timeline

I believe I read somewhere for some European cruises you need a certain amount of days between your last vaccine or booster until you sail. Is it the same for sailings out of Florida? I’m thinking about getting my second booster shot (over 50) but we have 50 days until we sail.

Boosters are not required for either the US or Europe.  For Europe the difference is in the testing , timeframe you must be tested.

there’s no need to worry about the booster for the US.  I don’t even submit my card that had the booster on it-mg booster had its own card, , I figure it will confuse the RC staff 

4 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Boosters are not required for either the US or Europe.  For Europe the difference is in the testing , timeframe you must be tested.

there’s no need to worry about the booster for the US.  I don’t even submit my card that had the booster on it-mg booster had its own card, , I figure it will confuse the RC staff 

Just be careful while you can cruise without being boosted  if you are not up to date (i.e. 270 days since vaccine and NOT boosted)  several European countries will require you to test before disembarking at their ports. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/if-i-am-not-up-to-date-on-vaccinations-in-europe-where-will-i-need-additional-testing

If coming to Europe it's advisable to be boosted at least 14 days before sailing. 

10 hours ago, Morganno said:

If coming to Europe it's advisable to be boosted at least 14 days before sailing. 

Interestingly enough there is no mention of 14 days in regards to boosters.

HOW TO GET UP TO DATE 

If your current vaccination series doesn't meet EMA standards, you can get a booster of an EMA-authorized vaccine and be considered up to date, immediately.