Barefoot Beach (Labadee) Cabanas are Now Available for Rent Prior to Boarding

Big change.  I just got a letter from Royal Caribbean inviting me to reserve a cabana at Labadee for a cruise on 12-18-22.  In the past, the Barefoot Beach cabanas did not go on sale prior to boarding, therefore, Star Class guests had the first chance to reserve the cabanas - through the Genie.  Now it appears as though those cabanas will be selling long before the Genie has a chance to reserve them for us.   Also, the BB cabanas are now listed in the Cruise Planner so no more priority reserving for SC !  The prices are too high so I wouldn't be reserving a cabana anyway but now we will have to hustle and reserve early....no more waiting for the Genie to reserve for us !

image.png.ea63016ef9e66ebd18d08e428a006ae5.png

It does beg the question if the new "My Royal Cruises" (Cruise Planner replacement) is aware of the cabin you are in. 

I can see some non-suite guests "accidentally" booking them, then they are no longer available for suite guests to purchase.  At some point someone would have to cancel the booking if the guest is not in a GS or above.  Doing that on the ship might leave them unsold if GS guests have made other plans assuming they aren't available.  

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

ANd holy crap that's expensive.  Last time I was there it was like $400

With the cabana success stories at Cococay the price increase at Labadee was expected.  Royal was leaving money on the table selling them at $400.  PDCC proved that demand was still strong at 10 times that.  Compared to PDCC on this same cruise as above, Labadee cabanas remains a bargain even though they have tripled from the past.

1 hour ago, Jkaczano said:

Make that 3 of us.  We’re going to Labadee in January on Harmony.   DH usually loves cabanas but not for that price.  Current plan is to have the genie arrange a nice lunch in our room 2br aquatheater.

That's now 4.  Harmony Nov 2022.  Looks like a Solarium Day. 😉

We visited Labadee on the Allure and the Mariner in May and June 2022. The prices started at 999.00 and up. In May we counted 5 cabanas rented, June just 3 rented. It seems to me that is money that was lost by Royal due to those prices. They sat empty earning 0$ . Made zero sense to me, rent them all at a reasonable rate or rent a very few and lose lots of revenue. Seems a bit foolish when they need $$ right now. 

I rented a beach cabana in March 2022 for half of the cost of what is being charged now. Most were occupied. 🤦‍♀️

Just to confirm these were Bare Foot Beach Cabanas

Edited by Neesa
updated thought

10 hours ago, Neesa said:

We visited Labadee on the Allure and the Mariner in May and June 2022. The prices started at 999.00 and up. In May we counted 5 cabanas rented, June just 3 rented. It seems to me that is money that was lost by Royal due to those prices. They sat empty earning 0$ . Made zero sense to me, rent them all at a reasonable rate or rent a very few and lose lots of revenue. Seems a bit foolish when they need $$ right now. 

I rented a beach cabana in March 2022 for half of the cost of what is being charged now. Most were occupied. 🤦‍♀️

Just to confirm these were Bare Foot Beach Cabanas

I think that's why they are selling them in tne cruise planner now and not waiting to sell them only on the ship.  

3 hours ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

My cruise planner no longer has the words "Grand suites guests and above only". Are they changing Barefoot Beach to no longer be a suite only area?

Mine too!  Yesterday it definitely still said “Grand Suites and Higher”.  While I would not be surprised to have BB covert to a public beach, I can already feel the disruption in the force that will be forthcoming from the Suites and Pinns if they do.

19 minutes ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

Wow this is just amazing that the grand suite and above has disappeared. Now will the special buffet lunch be gone too at BB?

The Royal Caribbean Blog Mariner Group Cruise on July 17 includes a stop at Labadee.   We'll have lots of users on that cruise for feedback.  

12 hours ago, twangster said:

While I've enjoyed BB there is a lot more to Labadee then just BB.  

You are right, but not for everyone.  There is nothing else on BB that I want to do or are capable of doing other than sit on an exclusive beach and be coddled to.  That's what I paid for.  Otherwise, I'd just book a cruise to Nassau or Jamaica, or PDCC.........     If Labadee is for you with or without the exclusive beach, I'm happy for ya.  I truly mean that.  I'm not trying to be contentious here and believe it or not, that's true about most of my posts.  I can be very direct and dry but I don't mean to seem like I'm mad or trying to be the smart kid in the class.  Just me being me.

9 hours ago, Moby Dick said:

You are right, but not for everyone.  There is nothing else on BB that I want to do or are capable of doing other than sit on an exclusive beach and be coddled to.  That's what I paid for.  Otherwise, I'd just book a cruise to Nassau or Jamaica, or PDCC.........     If Labadee is for you with or without the exclusive beach, I'm happy for ya.  I truly mean that.  I'm not trying to be contentious here and believe it or not, that's true about most of my posts.  I can be very direct and dry but I don't mean to seem like I'm mad or trying to be the smart kid in the class.  Just me being me.

So funny I was thinking the same thing. I explored everything Labadee has to offer and I like you just want the laid back beach experience you describe. That is why I actually would choose Labadee over CoCo Cay every time.  Moving forward after experiencing the beach club on Coco Cay especially when there are two ships there, I'll opt for that beach moving forward. As of right now though, not moving forward. Curious to see though how they proceed. I'll be watching.

Bird Popcorn GIF

On 7/1/2022 at 9:23 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Big change.  I just got a letter from Royal Caribbean inviting me to reserve a cabana at Labadee for a cruise on 12-18-22.  In the past, the Barefoot Beach cabanas did not go on sale prior to boarding, therefore, Star Class guests had the first chance to reserve the cabanas - through the Genie.  Now it appears as though those cabanas will be selling long before the Genie has a chance to reserve them for us.   Also, the BB cabanas are now listed in the Cruise Planner so no more priority reserving for SC !  The prices are too high so I wouldn't be reserving a cabana anyway but now we will have to hustle and reserve early....no more waiting for the Genie to reserve for us !

image.png.ea63016ef9e66ebd18d08e428a006ae5.png

I just found this and it doesn't mention that you have to be Grand Suite or above to reserve a cabana:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?ProductCode=ZL90

A lot of these $2600-4000 cabanas seem to be okay when you split the cost and that's why some are selling out. $350 to have a guaranteed spot to relax in at the private islands will seem like a steal......especially according to lots of experts who say the 15months of no cruising/vacations resulted in lots of saved vacation dollars. While some things will stay high, I think the cabanas might eventually have to come down.

I'm not sure if this has been clarified yet - Is the policy geared only toward purchasing a Cabana on BB?  Or are they also eliminating the exclusivity of the entire BB.  If I'm in a Balcony stateroom, can I now just walk into BB?  If I'm in a Balcony stateroom but purchase a cabana in BB, do they check at the entrance to BB to verify the purchase before entering BB?  

I just now found this:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/shoreExcursions/downloadBrochure/excursions.php?ship=EX&date=2022-06-25&currency=USD

image.png.365d4986890c3f4a4510aac6ad45771a.png

image.thumb.png.a31efc582f75a7aa23679582a031bbfd.png

image.png.8e73ebf56017c3b7f4c1847847957cbd.png