Need To Cancel A Shore Excursion

DivaDeaconess

I am sailing on 7/3, and have been trying to cancel a shore excursion since yesterday.  The option to cancel online was closed, and when I called last night and this morning, I was told that I would need to cancel once I get onboard because I was outside of the cancelation window.  Does anyone know whether I will get push-back about receiving my full refund?  I was well within my 48 hour timeframe, and the receipt clearly states I have until 11:59 pm 7/1 to cancel.  I'm just a tad bit nervous about push-back on getting a full refund.  I don't want a credit.  I want a refund!  Thanks in advance for your comments.

1 hour ago, DivaDeaconess said:

I am sailing on 7/3, and have been trying to cancel a shore excursion since yesterday.  The option to cancel online was closed, and when I called last night and this morning, I was told that I would need to cancel once I get onboard because I was outside of the cancelation window.  Does anyone know whether I will get push-back about receiving my full refund?  I was well within my 48 hour timeframe, and the receipt clearly states I have until 11:59 pm 7/1 to cancel.  I'm just a tad bit nervous about push-back on getting a full refund.  I don't want a credit.  I want a refund!  Thanks in advance for your comments.

I'd call back and get a different agent to see if they can help.  Cancelling onboard gives you a higher risk of being denied or getting only OBC.  The Ts&Cs for cruise planner purchases state that calling in more than 48 hours prior to departure should be allowed.

For refundable products, including refundable Beverage Packages and Dining Packages you may obtain a full refund by cancelling your order through the Plan My Cruise site or by calling us no less than 48 hours prior to your voyage departure. Refunds requested less than 48 hours prior to voyage departure, or refund requests received onboard may be processed or refused, subject to our sole discretion.