Vaccine Card denied repeatedly

Anybody else have their vaccine card denied multiple times?

final dose was 6/1 and uploaded that day to the check in (sailing 7-17 on HOS) took weeks in validation only to be denied.  My wife and sons were accepted.  Funny thing is that my wife and I went the same day for both doses and had the same nurse fill out our cards at the same time.  I’ve now resubmitted the same card 5 times.  You can’t call them to get an answer on what’s wrong B7B092CB-11CF-4C7F-BFF0-20D9E3FD20C6.thumb.jpeg.6b709e3a6e823c5ca4068d835749e827.jpeg

way to close for them to be playing games with me. 

literally had to use twitter to publicly ask what the problem is/was to get an actual response 

Don't worry we are the same. We have electronic cards in Belgium and you can download a PDF but Royal's American only app only allows JPEG files.

So I have to download a perfectly readable PDF then print then take a photo and upload it to the site. Out of 4 only two were accepted. 

I tried again same issue I'll just show my gov. app at the port it's easier than this. Wish Royal would allow PDF uploads. 

3 hours ago, theletterJ said:

Twitter was by far the best route to take.  They sure don’t like being publicly called out.  Everything g was fixed yesterday morning.  My legal first name is literally just the letter J so my cruise planner put Jay.  Ugh 

So, the cruise planner did you a favor by giving you a great first name like Jay.

Sincerely,

Jay

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

1 hour ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

My wife’s was rejected because she travels under her maiden name and the vax card has married name. She literally took her hand printed vax card and added a ‘-maiden name’ to the card herself and it was accepted lol.

This makes me nervous. My 1st name on crown and anchor is Mary, instead of Mary Ann (their system apparently didn't like spaces in 1st names), my employer combined my name to Maryann so that's what's on my vax card. No issue with last name and date of birth matches, but worried they'll reject based on the combined name on the vax card. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, FLHokie said:

This makes me nervous. My 1st name on crown and anchor is Mary, instead of Mary Ann (their system apparently didn't like spaces in 1st names), my employer combined my name to Maryann so that's what's on my vax card. No issue with last name and date of birth matches, but worried they'll reject based on the combined name on the vax card. Fingers crossed.

Keep in mind that even if it gets rejected on the app doesn’t mean you can’t sail. Just show up with all your ID and it will be straightened out at the terminal

13 hours ago, Morganno said:

Don't worry we are the same. We have electronic cards in Belgium and you can download a PDF but Royal's American only app only allows JPEG files.

So I have to download a perfectly readable PDF then print then take a photo and upload it to the site. Out of 4 only two were accepted. 

I tried again same issue I'll just show my gov. app at the port it's easier than this. Wish Royal would allow PDF uploads. 

If you've got a PDF, there's no need to print, just take a screen shot, and save it as a JPG.  That'll work on a phone or a computer.  Might need to crop out the rest of the screen depending on exactly what software you use.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

If you've got a PDF, there's no need to print, just take a screen shot, and save it as a JPG.  That'll work on a phone or a computer.  Might need to crop out the rest of the screen depending on exactly what software you use.

I did that thanks it was still rejected. I'll just wait for the port. 

59 minutes ago, Morganno said:

I did that thanks it was still rejected. I'll just wait for the port. 

I think one problem is that the people checking them are largely unfamiliar with anything other than the US CDC cards. And here in Europe, despite there supposedly being a standard certificate, there are variations from country to country. I could not be bothered with the stress and hassle so I did not even attempt to upload ours, since I knew they would cause confusion; we simply took them with us to port. We were asked if we knew what dates and vaccines we had had for all the earlier shots since the EU certificate only shows the details of the very last one, although I don’t know how they'd be able to verify that information. The girl who checked us in just noted our answers down and sent us on our way.

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

We were asked if we knew what dates and vaccines we had had for all the earlier shots since the EU certificate only shows the details of the very last one, although I don’t know how they'd be able to verify that information. The girl who checked us in just noted our answers down and sent us on our way.

The lot numbers for the vials of the vaccine. Those are in a database and (I believe) due to the CDC protocols, that's something the cruise lines have access too. They have a record of where every lot number was sent to, that's due to potential issues and they can track down where it went.

1 hour ago, JC Pats said:

The lot numbers for the vials of the vaccine. Those are in a database and (I believe) due to the CDC protocols, that's something the cruise lines have access too. They have a record of where every lot number was sent to, that's due to potential issues and they can track down where it went.

EU certificates don't show that information. The EU's ferocious data protection laws mean that this is all you get:

image.png.d4f6f4fb7fb07466eff4939794d35aee.png

There is a QR code and a unique identifier on each certificate, which allow varying degrees of access but only the health authorities in the country where a person was vaccinated have access to the full data. Since cruise line personnel can't tick that box, they essentially have to take your word for it.

49 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

EU certificates don't show that information. The EU's ferocious data protection laws mean that this is all you get:

There is a QR code and a unique identifier on each certificate, which allow varying degrees of access but only the health authorities in the country where a person was vaccinated have access to the full data. Since cruise line personnel can't tick that box, they essentially have to take your word for it.

Interesting.. 

They seem to be having a terrible time verifying my card as well.  I got my first two shots at one of the "Mega-Centers," so it has a CDC printed sticker complete with QR code so large that the same center had to put my 2nd shot information on the back (with a similarly sized sticker that I also included a picture of on the app).  My kids and wife had theirs done at local drug stores with the information handwritten in and had theirs were accepted immediately.  I'm not the least bit concerned (the center is in the state that I'm cruising out of, so I'm sure the port personnel are familiar with the layout), and I suppose it makes sense that seemingly any little abnormality cause the system to freak out a bit.

25 minutes ago, JC Pats said:

Interesting.. 

Yup, and exactly why I didn't even attempt to get it validated beforehand.

To further confuse the issue, if you look at the "number in a series of vaccinations" field you'll see it says "2/1", which most people would read as "two out of one". Say what? That is the EU's way of showing that someone had the single dose JJ jab AND a booster. But notice there is NO specific mention of the JJ jab on there, only the type of the booster. So while it would be fair to expect most EU peeps to know what it means, it would be completely unreasonable to expect someone working for a cruise line in the States to know.

And I DID have to explain it to the cruise line personnel who checked us in at the port in Barcelona. It's all a bit of a mess and I can't wait for it to be over.

On 7/4/2022 at 6:33 PM, FionaMG said:

HOLY MOLY! You weren't kidding (discussed earlier on this forum), At least the Irish ones have "3/3" for number of doses! One of us has lost their original card but knows the dates that her first two doses were administered. Like I said though, if asked, we could just make them up. Unlike the USA and the CDC, the staff at the terminal in Southampton have NO way of verifying this info or to even read QR codes from our Digital certificates:) I like you will not even bother uploading ours (2 UK and 2 Irish), I will just make sure we have printouts at terminal for check-in.

1 hour ago, Spang1974 said:

HOLY MOLY! You weren't kidding (discussed earlier on this forum), At least the Irish ones have "3/3" for number of doses! One of us has lost their original card but knows the dates that her first two doses were administered. Like I said though, if asked, we could just make them up. Unlike the USA and the CDC, the staff at the terminal in Southampton have NO way of verifying this info or to even read QR codes from our Digital certificates:) I like you will not even bother uploading ours (2 UK and 2 Irish), I will just make sure we have printouts at terminal for check-in.

Haha, yup! 😆

It actually depends on the type of vaccine administered. My DH does have 3/3 because he had a 2-dose vaccine initially, whereas I had the single-dose JJ. But even this is misleading because, in his case and potentially for your Irish peeps too, his first two shots were one type and his booster was a different type, but the certificate only shows the type of the last shot. Nowhere on the certificate does it show if two shots were one type and the booster was a different one. So, to a certain extent, the 3/3 certificate is even vaguer than the 2/1, because if you know how to read it, you can see the type of both shots for someone who had JJ but not for someone who had a 2-dose vaccine initially.

Even if cruiseline personnel had the necessary app to read the QR code, it only serves to verify that a) the certificate is genuine; b) it is valid; and, c) when checked alongside official ID, that it belongs to the person presenting it. As far as the EU is concerned that is all anybody who is not an authorised healthcare provider needs to know.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Morganno said:

just off Odyssey despite uploading all documents correctly they still wanted to see everything again at the port in Civitavecchia 

Won't bother wasting time uploading anything for my next cruise. 

Yes, they do ask to see it again. Did they have to upload it again? That’s where you save some time.  There was one sailing I did in the US and their system was down and they had to upload everything, now that was a pain.  The other 10 cruises I’ve done they glance at the paperwork because it’s already uploaded.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 1:54 AM, Pattycruise said:

Yes, they do ask to see it again. Did they have to upload it again? That’s where you save some time.  There was one sailing I did in the US and their system was down and they had to upload everything, now that was a pain.  The other 10 cruises I’ve done they glance at the paperwork because it’s already uploaded.  

Oh didn't think of that. Perhaps I will do it again then.