Do all Junior Suites on Allure hold 5 people?

Some JS will hold 2/3 people as well and they won't be available to you because you are booking for 4 people. Whenever I do mock bookings for more than 3 people, I only get shown rooms that can accommodate that amount of pax. Also, maybe because I just really haven't notice but whenever I do look for 4 pax I see 5+ on JS and only ever see the "up-to 4" when I do 3 pax or less for suites.

Just did a JS on the hum balcony on Symphony.  No way could I see it take 4 people, let alone 5.   Even  3 would be hard for more than 5 days.

I would suggest getting 2 connecting balcony cabins.  This will allow you more room, plus now you will have 2 bathrooms.

Depending on the ship the balcony dividers can come down and you can use that way as access to the other cabin instead of the hallway.  IE on anthem or Symphony it will break down.  On Adventure or Enchantment it will not.

It has been my experience that if I'm booking a suite, of any kind, it's easier just to call Royal or get a TA.  I've tried to mock book a suite (Aqua Theater, 2 bedroom) for 7 or 8 and it's not available.  If I call, it's available.  Sometimes, some suites aren't available on-line but if you call, they are.  Our cruise on Symphony, we want to book the 4 bedroom, family villa.  It didn't show up on-line.  We called and no problem.  

I'm not saying that the above happens EVERYTIME.  But, I'm saying that if you can't finds something you want on-line, call or get a TA and have them check it out.

Not all JS on any ship can hold 5+ guests.   There tends to be two most common categories of JS, namely the J3 and the J4.

J4 hold two guests max.

J3 can hold something more than two guests and in some cases up to 5 or more.  The deck plans use a 5+ notation to indicate which ones can hold the larger numbers.  Note 6640 for example has the 5+ notation while 6644 does not.  

image.jpeg.af44fef0735819fb6e74fc5e6ca83dc4.jpeg

Don't be fooled by the generic verbiage used for all JS cabins.  Even the J4 in the sidebar uses the common verbiage which can be misleading if you interpret it wrong as J4 only accommodate two guests.

Beds
  • Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
  • One double sofa bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests
  • One Pullman bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests

16 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

I would suggest getting 2 connecting balcony cabins.  This will allow you more room, plus now you will have 2 bathrooms.

Depending on the ship the balcony dividers can come down and you can use that way as access to the other cabin instead of the hallway.  IE on anthem or Symphony it will break down.  On Adventure or Enchantment it will not. 

We just did this in April on Allure (the balcony divider came down). It was really nice and we will probably end up doing it again but prices are much higher right now and my son turned 13 so no more "kid" discounts. I'm also looking at connecting interiors. Just pricing out some different options.

16 hours ago, Moby Dick said:

It has been my experience that if I'm booking a suite, of any kind, it's easier just to call Royal or get a TA.  I've tried to mock book a suite (Aqua Theater, 2 bedroom) for 7 or 8 and it's not available.  If I call, it's available.  Sometimes, some suites aren't available on-line but if you call, they are.  Our cruise on Symphony, we want to book the 4 bedroom, family villa.  It didn't show up on-line.  We called and no problem.  

I'm not saying that the above happens EVERYTIME.  But, I'm saying that if you can't finds something you want on-line, call or get a TA and have them check it out.

I have a TA, just didn't want to bother her with this question. Was hoping someone on here would know. My question relates to the fact that I'm ONLY seeing the 5+ junior suites when I do my mock bookings and I was wondering why that was - whether my party size, or maybe that's just what is still available?

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Not all JS on any ship can hold 5+ guests.   There tends to be two most common categories of JS, namely the J3 and the J4.

J4 hold two guests max.

J3 can hold something more than two guests and in some cases up to 5 or more.  The deck plans use a 5+ notation to indicate which ones can hold the larger numbers.  Note 6640 for example has the 5+ notation while 6644 does not.  

Don't be fooled by the generic verbiage used for all JS cabins.  Even the J4 in the sidebar uses the common verbiage which can be misleading if you interpret it wrong as J4 only accommodate two guests.

I was surprised that ALL of the junior suites showing up in my mock booking had the 5+ designation on them and was wondering why.