I wish the website let you choose your specific date/week

Just venting about a minor irritation. I know there are other sites that let you narrow down your exact travel window, but I'd prefer to do it on RC's official website. I actually find the whole "search for a cruise" process really clunky and frustrating on RC's site (I know, I know, Royal IT...). What if I'm considering different room types? Go back and start over. What if I'm considering 1 vs 2 rooms. Go back and start over. Why do I often have to click twice on the page where you choose the floor for your room (once for floor and then "select")? And why can't the number of days selection be part of the other choices? Do many people really just choose a 3-5 day cruise with no other considerations?

Ugh.

Technically you can.

First go pick your months and do that search. For instance, I want to look for cruises in March 2023.

You end up with a URL like this which has a min date of March 1 and a max date of March 31

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?dates_minDate=03%2F01%2F2023&dates_maxDate=03%2F31%2F2023&durationCode_6to8=true&featured=true

If I wanted to look for cruises that depart, say between March 16 to March 20, I just change the middle numbers

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?dates_minDate=03%2F16%2F2023&dates_maxDate=03%2F20%2F2023&durationCode_6to8=true&featured=true

Of course you can tweak that too to do like March 15 to April 15 or December 15 into the new year through January 15.

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Technically you can.

First go pick your months and do that search. For instance, I want to look for cruises in March 2023.

You end up with a URL like this which has a min date of March 1 and a max date of March 31

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?dates_minDate=03%2F01%2F2023&dates_maxDate=03%2F31%2F2023&durationCode_6to8=true&featured=true

If I wanted to look for cruises that depart, say between March 16 to March 20, I just change the middle numbers

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?dates_minDate=03%2F16%2F2023&dates_maxDate=03%2F20%2F2023&durationCode_6to8=true&featured=true

Of course you can tweak that too to do like March 15 to April 15 or December 15 into the new year through January 15.

Right, after you select the general terms, on the right side of the monitor, all available dates come up and you select the exact date that is available.  

29 minutes ago, Moby Dick said:

Right, after you select the general terms, on the right side of the monitor, all available dates come up and you select the exact date that is available.  

Yes, except even that sometimes requires another step. If there is only one sailing, it is ok because the date is right there (still more work than just doing the search for the dates you want) but if that sailing has more than one date for the itinerary in the same month, you can't even see all the dates that are available without more clicking. And then clicking back if it turns out to not have a date that you like.

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Technically you can.

This is a great shortcut. Thanks for sharing it!

(But still feel like we shouldn't have to...)

11 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Yes, except even that sometimes requires another step. If there is only one sailing, it is ok because the date is right there (still more work than just doing the search for the dates you want) but if that sailing has more than one date for the itinerary in the same month, you can't even see all the dates that are available without more clicking. And then clicking back if it turns out to not have a date that you like.

You are correct and I'm no apologist for Royal's IT.  However, knowing how much Royal's IT can screw things up, I don't think we need them to TRY to improve this particular issue when we are talking about 1 or 2 clicks of a mouse.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Technically you can.

Ooh, thanks! That's a pet peeve of mine too, especially since about 3 dozen enhancements ago you could select a specific date range. I will be sure to give this a go. ☺️

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Just venting about a minor irritation. I know there are other sites that let you narrow down your exact travel window, but I'd prefer to do it on RC's official website. I actually find the whole "search for a cruise" process really clunky and frustrating on RC's site (I know, I know, Royal IT...). What if I'm considering different room types? Go back and start over. What if I'm considering 1 vs 2 rooms. Go back and start over. Why do I often have to click twice on the page where you choose the floor for your room (once for floor and then "select")? And why can't the number of days selection be part of the other choices? Do many people really just choose a 3-5 day cruise with no other considerations?

Ugh.

I am going to pile on!  Royal Caribbean and Celebrity share the same login credentials database.  You cannot have the same login ID with different passwords.  If you change the Celebrity password you have to use that SAME password to login to Royal Caribbean!

Case and point here just now. We have 2 cruises booked, one July 26th and then August 14th. We are all checked in for the July 26th cruise but today the August 14th cruise opened today for check in. Just carry EVERTHING over! Vaccine cards and all. Some was autofill but some other stuff was messed up, my son's passport has the wrong expiration date from the right one on the July 26th cruise. The pictures we took should also carry over since its on 19 days apart. This should not be this hard. 

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I just thought of another search wish - class of ship. I don't know off the top of my head if a ship is Oasis class or Voyager class and it makes a BIG difference to my teens. 

Ya, that would be nice!  I only cruise Quantum and Oasis and I've got the ships in those classes memorized.  So, even though it wouldn't do much for me, it would for others that are kinda newbies.   

I too agree about check-in. Especially if the sailings are within 30 days of each other, all your info should carry over. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Case and point here just now. We have 2 cruises booked, one July 26th and then August 14th. We are all checked in for the July 26th cruise but today the August 14th cruise opened today for check in. Just carry EVERTHING over! Vaccine cards and all. Some was autofill but some other stuff was messed up, my son's passport has the wrong expiration date from the right one on the July 26th cruise. The pictures we took should also carry over since its on 19 days apart. This should not be this hard. 

4 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Ugh.

I agree! Sometimes we know we can go on a trip on day x, and would love to easily see all the options that leave on that day. Then we can fly to whatever port we need to.

1 hour ago, TheBurnsTravelers said:

I agree completely. I also wish that the destinations were a little bit more fine-tuned, to allow for all trips that may include any certain port.

Cruise port information is especially bad in my opinion. Cabin room information is bad, they could do so much with the website that they just aren't. Love ya Royal but website design is not your strong suit. 

• 9 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 6:44 PM, jbrinkm said:

I just thought of another search wish - class of ship. I don't know off the top of my head if a ship is Oasis class or Voyager class and it makes a BIG difference to my teens. 

Totally off-topic, but as a mom of future teens, what class do they prefer and why?

4 hours ago, Kirsten said:

Totally off-topic, but as a mom of future teens, what class do they prefer and why?

I'd say Oasis has a slight edge, but I think they'd like any class with fun stuff (slides, VR, escape rooms, zip lines, etc.). Some of the amped ones might be fine but the bigger ones are guaranteed to have a lot of those types of activities. I also think the bigger ships have a bigger teen population which some teens enjoy (and some definitely DON'T).