Double Shots w/Deluxe Beverage Package???

I've never asked for double shots, so I don't know, but with just about every drink I've had poured for me, the bartender pours a full jigger over the glass and then continues to pour more liquor into the glass as the jigger is dumped in. I'd estimate that each drink I have ends up being about a shot and a half.

Besides, do you really need each drink to be a double since you've already got unlimited drinks with the DBP?

@wordell1 hit it on the head. Officially, the answer is no but if they know you're tipping, the odds of getting it your way definitely increase. 

Another option if you're travelling with someone else with a drink package: one time I asked for a double something-or-other. Bartender said he couldn't "officially" make me a double without an upcharge (which I was prepared to pay anyway) but, since I was there with my wife, he rang it in as two drinks--a single of the one I wanted plus an extra shot on the side.  😁

4 hours ago, DivaDeaconess said:

We've purchased the deluxe beverage package for our upcoming cruise.  Are double shots an option?  Is that something that is allowed/included with the deluxe package should we want double shots in our cocktails?

Since shots are priced individually, I don't think so!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/beverage-package-sharing-policy

Q

Can I order multiple drinks at a time with Royal Caribbean's all-inclusive beverage packages?

A

No. As this is a personal package, only one beverage per guest will be served.

No, packages can be purchased by individual guests. All packages are for single guest use and cannot be shared by multiple people.

Any guest wishing to purchase an alcoholic beverage package must do so for all guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom, for sailings on or after December 31st, 2017.

Guests who have a reservation with payment may also contact 1-800-398-9819 for Pre-Cruise Planning Assistance.

On the other hand, if I ask for a drink that the recipe calls for 1 oz of this, 1 oz of that, and 1 oz of the other thing (and a mixer, of course), they only charge you the 10, 11, 12, or $13.00 for it.  So, if I ask for 2 shots of Fireball, for example, why wouldn't they just go ahead and serve up the 2 shots?  

15 hours ago, Moby Dick said:

On the other hand, if I ask for a drink that the recipe calls for 1 oz of this, 1 oz of that, and 1 oz of the other thing (and a mixer, of course), they only charge you the 10, 11, 12, or $13.00 for it.  So, if I ask for 2 shots of Fireball, for example, why wouldn't they just go ahead and serve up the 2 shots?  

jack and coke is $10 ( or was anyway), Long Island is 13

Nope, not on RCCL that I know of.  Before COVID on NCL you could do it all day long, their policy was different, clearly stated two at a time was allowed.  BTW: their drinks desperately needed it too, exact jigger, no more, even when tipping, was my experience.  Both out of Boston and NYC.

9 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

I treat my servers well.  Often when I order a whiskey/rocks, they announce they brought me a double.  And if for any reason they were not allowed to do so, I'd order back to back drinks. 

Same- I don't ever ask for a double, I just tip well in advance and let them know I like my drink strong.

As a tribute to someone I have lost, I always have a double crown and coke on my cruise. I always offer to pay, and have never had an issue getting this included, as I only ask once. I personally don't need to have more than the one as I have the drinks package. If I get pushback I just leave it but I suppose a hack or way around this is to fill a freestyle coke cup with 3/4 coke. order a shot, and pour it in the cup, when they come back for my drink order later, order another shot, pour it in the cup. Tadahhh, double crown and coke.