Back to back cruises

I did a B2B (back-to-back) in February.  It was really a S2S (side to side. different ships).  The price of the cruise is the price of the cruise.  What it did get me is I flew from California to Florida and took two cruises.  I was able to cruise Western Caribbean followed by Eastern Caribbean with no hotel room or additional flight.  Royal Caribbean took care of my Covid Testing for the second cruise at no cost.  Royal Caribbean transported me from Miami to Fort Lauderdale at no cost.  I enjoyed it so much that I am looking at doing it again in December 2023 and April 2024.

It’s all about airfare for us, too. 

We’ve evolved into booking two different types of cruises…bucket list ones and get out of Maine in winter ones. 

For the get out of Maine ones, we have been doing 3-night/4-night back to back ones from Florida since they go to CocoCay.  We really enjoy the warm beach days there while our friends and family back home are shoveling snow. 

So far, we have been able to find it cheaper to escape winter like this than book a single 7-day cruise.

We definitely book 7-9 day cruises for our bucket list itineraries.  

Once we semi-retire and can take a longer period of time off at once, we plan on doing some longer back to back cruises.