Quantum of the seas

16 minutes ago, Blueline said:

Just notified of itinerary change due to engine issue. Skagway dropped. Now I see Skagway has a pier problem. Which is it 

At this point, I haven't seen any posts anywhere on the forum about Quantum having an engine issue. If they're sending out emails to passengers, it would seem to be a legit issue. and having an engine issue would more than likely impact their itinerary as they may not be able to make the speed they need to go to all the ports initially listed.

That being said, there is an existing issue with the pier at Skagway, which may have altered plans and despite Royal's best attempts, they aren't able to dock/tender there. 

Life happens. 

Edit - I see the link from Suite Snob Moby Dick - I forgot about the engine fire in early June - so answer to your question is Engine issue. 

Edited by JC Pats
addtl info

I'm on Quantum right now and we're in Skagaway today. I see the rockslide scar outside our window. Unfortunately someone in my group tested positive for covid on Day 2 and we're stuck in isolation the rest of the trip. Oddly enough, we've heard no announcements about engine issues. We did skip Icy Straight Point yesterday after diverting for a passenger that required a medical evacuation via helicopter.

We were on a cruise to Alaska in early May - too early - we never got in on the fiords close enough to see the glacier because there was so much ice on the water still - it hadn't broken up like it usually does - we could KIND of see it with binoculars, as it was a good couple of miles away.  This was on the Radiance the first week of may (2nd trip for the ship this year).

So, we booked another one on Ovation for 1st week of August - hope everything goes well for us (and for all you others as well).