What do you love about Royal Caribbean?

mcmry5

With our cruise coming up in just under 2 weeks, we've been sharing our excitement with friends in conversations and I always talk about how, when we cruise with our kids, we will only ever sail RC. My husband and I started with Princess (and do still love to sail with them when it's just the two of us), and also have tried DCL. But, we are loyal Royal Caribbean fans, especially when our kids are involved. For us, we love how much there is to do for everyone at every stage of life. It started me wondering, what do other people love about sailing with Royal Caribbean? Would love to hear others' thoughts!

15 minutes ago, Cakemeister said:

I love the value for the vacation dollar.

And the food.

And the shows.

YES! The value is also big for us! When we sailed DCL after sailing on Allure the year before, I was expecting so much more for the amount we paid! Nope. . . . lesson learned!

1. The crew

2. The Quantum and Oasis Class ships (I haven't been on others)

3.  Chops Grill

4.  Most of the Entertainment (not Cats)

5,  Most of the Food, especially the dinner rolls

6.  Most of the other passengers

7. The Windjammer for breakfast

8.  The Solarium Bistro for dinner. 

9.  Most of the Ports of Call (However, I'm worn out with Coz)

I would say that overall Royal Caribbean provides the best experience for everyone in the family. Everyone of my cruises with Royal has been a multi-generational trip with young kids to grandparents. I have always enjoyed the fact that Royal does a great job to catering to each generation in the family. There are plenty of things for the kids to do, as well as enjoyable things for the grandparents. Plus having grandparents onboard was great when we wanted someone to watch the kids if they were not at adventure ocean. 

I echo the support for the crew, but I especially like the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers.  The singers are often spectacular, as in my recent ABC cruise.

The specialty dining food quality and service is better than I remember (except Johnny Rocket, which tends to be over-crowded).

So overall, as others have stated, the value is good.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've been on other cruise lines and there's just not the same mood.

Several years ago when I was loyal to Brand X, I remember on the debarkation day, as we were heading from our stateroom to the hatch where you leave the ship, we smiled and told every crew member we saw and thanked them.  MOST would not even look at us, wouldn't smile, wouldn't even return a salutation, and some actually give us dirty looks.  Why not, they were done with us and are not expecting anymore tip money from us!

I never experienced that on a Royal ship, in fact, the opposite.

1). Live Music.  Dancing is "OK" with a DJ, but dancing to live music is a real treat.  Boleros and Music Hall ... here we come.

2). "A la carte" cruising.  Being able to choose what the experience is (rather than "Always Included style") allows us to pick only the things we really want.  The amount we drink, eat, stay connected, and "play" with the "expensive" toys (Coco Cay, on board extras, excursions, etc) varies from cruise to cruise ... choice is something we must have.

3). Entertainment ... To see Broadway/West End at sea is a real treat.  Some of the other larger ship entertainment is "off the charts" (The Gift ... definitely not you).

4). Higher Level Loyalty Perks ... we have not done our homework, but the Royal program seems to have some significant advantages.  Our sense is they will "pull back" over time, but compared to others they seem to have a significant advantage.

5). Did I mention Live Music?

😉

Curt from Canada

1 hour ago, Curt From Canada said:

1). Live Music.  Dancing is "OK" with a DJ, but dancing to live music is a real treat.  Boleros and Music Hall ... here we come.

2). "A la carte" cruising.  Being able to choose what the experience is (rather than "Always Included style") allows us to pick only the things we really want.  The amount we drink, eat, stay connected, and "play" with the "expensive" toys (Coco Cay, on board extras, excursions, etc) varies from cruise to cruise ... choice is something we must have.

3). Entertainment ... To see Broadway/West End at sea is a real treat.  Some of the other larger ship entertainment is "off the charts" (The Gift ... definitely not you).

4). Higher Level Loyalty Perks ... we have not done our homework, but the Royal program seems to have some significant advantages.  Our sense is they will "pull back" over time, but compared to others they seem to have a significant advantage.

5). Did I mention Live Music?

😉

Curt from Canada

I definitely second that comment about the live music. Its so nice to see so many live musicians onboard. I was also amazed at the passenger talent when I went to the finals of on board karaoke contest on my most recent sailing. 

In no real order:

Open sea...Seeing no land in sight

The crew

Not worrying about time, needing to be places (more open schedule)

Adventure Ocean for the kids that are now adults -- about 17 plus years ago

People watching

Sorrentos Pizza 

Being able to walk around day, night, early and or late (always something happening)