Our ship stops in Victoria from 5:00 to 10:00. How long does it take to leave the ship and when should we back on board?

1 hour ago, Jo Tyler said:

Our ship is stopping in Victoria from 5:00 pm until 10:00pm. How long does it take to get off the ship and what time do we need to return to the ship?

If the ship docks at 5pm, you can expect to be able to get off about 530p. If you’re actually docked, not tendering, you can probably be off within 10 minutes after the ship is cleared by port authorities. Tendering takes longer.
You will probably have to be back onboard by 930pm. 

We were at Victoria last Friday on Ovation. We actually got in around 4:30 and I thought I saw people getting off around 5, but then it was around 5:15 when they announced that the gangway was open. We didn't get off but all aboard was 9:30, there were still allot of people getting on right up till 10:00, we pulled away about 10:15. It looks like lots of people were on buses coming back to the port. I'd see a bus pull up and then another group would come strolling down the dock. I wonder if people had trouble getting transport back to the dock, as there really isn't anything there.

29 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

It looks like lots of people were on buses coming back to the port

If the ship was allowing passengers to continue to get into the boarding line after the stated all aboard time, those buses were very likely excursions booked through Royal. Any "on your own" stragglers would have been out of luck if those excursions weren't late getting back.

@HeWhoWaits That was my thought, however Celebrity Solstice was boarding at the same time and most of the people were going to them. Could have been shared excursions but this was 4 or 5 buses rolling in quite separately. I know our whale watch tour in Juneau was scheduled to get back at 8:30 which was all aboard time, and as soon as all 100 of us were on board they pulled up the gangplank.