hotel booking

8 minutes ago, mike2608 said:

Suggestions please.

Book refundable to guarantee your room reservation and rebook if the price drops as you get closer.

Miami has a lot of variables when it comes to pricing.  February 20-24, 2023 is Presidents Week which is a popular travel time for folks in the cold north to the warmer south.

As you get closer in pricing will fluctuate with demand and you can find more non-refundable deals as the hotels try to fill the rooms.

Just like @AshleyDillo said, book refundable when you're seeing a price and hotel you like, but keep checking back.

I watched Ft Lauderdale hotel prices for several months before our January cruise and booked at about 4 months out. At two weeks before our cruise, the price came down by about $50, so I cancelled and rebooked. THEN a few days later the price came down ANOTHER $30 so I cancelled and rebooked again!

31 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Book refundable to guarantee your room reservation and rebook if the price drops as you get closer.

Miami has a lot of variables when it comes to pricing.  February 20-24, 2023 is Presidents Week which is a popular travel time for folks in the cold north to the warmer south.

As you get closer in pricing will fluctuate with demand and you can find more non-refundable deals as the hotels try to fill the rooms.

Also weekend rates (Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday) are higher than Weekday rates.  Depending when the cruise departs you may not have a choice what day of the week you will need to book. 

I ditto what has already been said about booking a refundable room now that you like and continuing to watch it for a better price.

Another option is to check Hotwire hot deals. I have had great luck with those. You get a discounted rate but don't know which hotel you will get, however it is usually pretty easy to figure out the hotel before booking. These are non-refundable though so you have to be sure before you book.