Boarding with The Key and timing for massage on day 1

FSUFAN

I want to get Mrs Fan a massage on day 1 to get her relaxed for our October sailing to NE/Canada.  They have openings on boarding day, but the only one that will fit our schedule with dinner and such is at 2:15 pm.  Everything else is offered from 5:00 pm on (we are in an early seating for MDR)

I bought The Key and figured we'd be on-board by noon at the latest.  Then lunch.

Is scheduling a 2:15 massage too early - will she make it?

Will she be able to go to the room and change for the message before the 2:15 appointment?

4 hours ago, Matt said:

She could also leave lunch early

Lunch is kind of secondary to the appointment, but she will want to eat once aboard.  She will want to go and change.  I know each sailing is different, I'm just wondering if the room will be available (around 2:00ish) so she can change into something more casual to go to the spa?  As I have stated in other posts, we are sailing veterans, but RCCL newbies.  This will be the first cruise of two with Royal that we have planned in the next year. I just don't know what to expect on embarkation day. 

40 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

The rooms should be available by 2. But as a back up,  she could always carry a casual outfit in her carry on. Then she could change either before or after her massage in a public bathroom. 

15 minutes ago, loki007 said:

Might not be in your room by 2:00 and unlikely your luggage will arrive by then. I'd carry on a change of clothes to be safe. 

With The Key, don't they take your carry-on bag to your room while you have lunch?  

Anyway, problem solved, she has decided to have the massage on day 2, late afternoon while we are in Bar Harbor.  We were just there last October (actually across the bay in Winter Harbor) staying at an Airbnb so we won't go to Acadia.  We'll head into town for the morning and then get back on the ship that afternoon so she can go to her appointment. 

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

With The Key, don't they take your carry-on bag to your room while you have lunch?  

Anyway, problem solved, she has decided to have the massage on day 2, late afternoon while we are in Bar Harbor.  We were just there last October (actually across the bay in Winter Harbor) staying at an Airbnb so we won't go to Acadia.  We'll head into town for the morning and then get back on the ship that afternoon so she can go to her appointment. 

sorry yes you can check in your carry bag. We've never taken advantage of that perk. Have a great time.