Port Canaveral Departure Flight / goport.com

Ksucat

14 minutes ago, Ksucat said:

Can anyone give their opinion on a departure flight out of Orlando International (MCO) from Port Canaveral? Sunday at 12:45pm. Looking at using goport.com for hotel/cruise transportation package. Will there be enough time? TIA

We used goport for parking last week.  We left the ship (self-assist) at 7:30, got our goport shuttle at 8 AM.  At the same time another bus was taking a group to the airport.  I imagine they arrived by 9 AM.  Now if you want your luggage handled by Royal, you'd be getting off the ship a little later.  I found Goport well-organized (reservations in their computer by name so you don't need a "ticket").  I can't comment on riding to the airport.

We are always in the same boat, so to speak.  Get off the ship as early as possible, get the first available shuttle, travel roughly an hour to the airport, it certainly is possible to be at the airport by 10:45 as they'd like.  Seldom is the 2-hour early arrival to the airport absolutely necessary, but I've been on flights where every minute of that 2-hour window was used up and I would have missed the flight if I wasn't there two hours early.  Ya shake the dice and you take your chances.  Add to that a freeway jam, and I'd be sweatin' the whole way.  So... unfortunately, our choices are too often limited with flights to the Pacific Northwest from Florida, and the time options can be many hours apart... My options may only be noon-ish or 5PM.   I seem to favor mid to late afternoon, which makes for a long day, but far less worry.😟

😎