Hubbard Glacier Excursion

Kathleen

I am sailing Celebrity next year to Alaska and found there is a an excursion listed for Hubbard Glacier. Having done one other Alaskan cruise, it seemed our Glacier day was just that, viewing from the cruise ship. Has anyone ever does this and how it works. Confused! I’ve attached screenshots to explain the excursion listed.

4F1A6B59-4BA9-4262-A5D7-F5BFDD4555CB.png

5481C57A-1E8F-427E-8DE9-E85012886B1F.png

It was offered on our Radiance cruise this month, and I wish we had taken it. The ship stays a way back from the glacier, and there was quite a bit of ice in the water so we were pretty far back. The excursion boards next to the ship - think of it like a big tender boat. They can get closer to the glacier because they are so much smaller.  Had I known how far out we were going to be on the ship, I absolutely would have booked that excursion!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I had this booked in 2018 but a week before the cruise it was cancelled. I've been back to Hubbard three times since and it has never been offered on my other visits.

I'd jump at this chance and hope it doesn't cancel. 

Booked✅ I knew you had spoken of Hubbard Glacier often so I was hoping you might give advice. Thanks.