FCC Might be a Loss

nate91

Hello! I have come to an unfortunate scenario where I have about $280 in FCCs that I don't believe I can ever use. You see, I never got the "Fauci ouchie" as it is so lovingly named, and therefore one of my favorite pastimes is a...past pastime. Me and my wife just got married, and we have been trying to get as much FCC refunded to us as possible, but RC is refusing to refund this final amount. But I have heard that you can transfer it. So I figured I would ask everyone here. If anyone knows how I can get a refund, let me know, otherwise I can transfer it to Matt, as a thank you for running this blog, (or if he doesn't want it, the first person to respond to this post). I have already done the book a cruise, wait until the protocols were announced, then get a refund, but now that protocols are announced in perpetuity, I don't think this will work. But I have heard that FCCs can be transferred. So let me know, and thanks in advance for the help!

Personally, I would still hold on to it now that there is no longer an expiration date.  You never know, the protocols could change next year or in a few years and you might be ready to sail again at that point.  Worst case, you could always transfer it in a few years if things really aren't ever going to change.

I haven't had the problem of not being able to cash FCC.  But I've read here on this blog that if you call Royal Caribbean and a rep says "no you can't have cash".  Simply say thank you, hang up and call back.  You'll get a new rep who should refund you.  Because of their mandate of only allowing vaccinated cruisers and you not having a shot, you should have no problem getting the refund instead of the useless FCC.

Unfortunately, they said that since they were originally non-refundable FCCs, they do not have expiration dates extended and they will expire. For the same reason, they have refused me a refund multiple times. 😕 It does seem ridiculous since I originally booked before vaccine requirements and now they literally will not allow me to sail.

On 6/27/2022 at 7:17 PM, nate91 said:

Hello! I have come to an unfortunate scenario where I have about $280 in FCCs that I don't believe I can ever use. You see, I never got the "Fauci ouchie" as it is so lovingly named, and therefore one of my favorite pastimes is a...past pastime. Me and my wife just got married, and we have been trying to get as much FCC refunded to us as possible, but RC is refusing to refund this final amount. But I have heard that you can transfer it. So I figured I would ask everyone here. If anyone knows how I can get a refund, let me know, otherwise I can transfer it to Matt, as a thank you for running this blog, (or if he doesn't want it, the first person to respond to this post). I have already done the book a cruise, wait until the protocols were announced, then get a refund, but now that protocols are announced in perpetuity, I don't think this will work. But I have heard that FCCs can be transferred. So let me know, and thanks in advance for the help!

So glad this worked out for you! And don't worry @nate91, I believe many of us who made the same choice as you will be together again on a cruise in the future (well, not literally  together...we're  strangers and that would be weird). 

Credit goes to @Pooch for her "up the chain" advice!

On 7/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, twangster said:

Grandeur is still with us btw.

Congrats on getting a refund.

Thank you all for your help! I believe Majesty is the one that is gone now, I had cruises booked on both during the pandemic. I haven't followed cruising as closely, now that I am excluded, cruising has gone from a source of great joy and anticipation to something that's kind of depressing to think/read about. So I mixed up my ships!