COVID after cruising? Chime in!

zwosh

I have cruised three times since the restart. No masks, social distancing or other behavioral changes unless directed to do so. 
None in my travel party acquired Covid on any of these amazing cruises. 

I share this experience for those who think that unless they are hyper vigilant with all the alleged Covid reducing behaviors, they will catch Covid. 

Only guaranteed way I know to not get Covid on a cruise is to not go on a cruise.
Same for avoiding shark attacks by not going near the ocean….or aquarium. 

On 6/27/2022 at 6:22 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I'm curious for all those testing positive if you have symptoms or why are you testing? Just because you heard others are testing positive? I've never understood the testing of non symptomatic individuals.

I figure many either have symptoms or need to test to return to work. We both tested positive, but ours was just for clarification when we got sick on the way home. We both had 102-103° fevers that lingered for several days, head congestion, cough, and I lost sense of taste/smell for a week.  We tested as a courtesy to coworkers while this contagious variant is going around, and to let our employers know why we were not immediately returning to work.  

Before this, we only tested to cruise.  And we do plan to cruise again. We know the risks. Flying seems like a much higher risk to us, especially when we are on the plane for hours. 🤷🏻‍♀️