Requesting outside parking lot at Port Liberty?

I'm not a fan of parking garages, I mean I will park in one if I have to but prefer not to. Do you know if we can skip the garage at Port Liberty and go directly to one of the outside overflow lots, or they won't allow that? We might not have a choice on our sailing because we have the earliest arrival time, 10:30 and might be forced to the open outside lots. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm not a fan of parking garages, I mean I will park in one if I have to but prefer not to. Do you know if we can skip the garage at Port Liberty and go directly to one of the outside overflow lots, or they won't allow that? We might not have a choice on our sailing because we have the earliest arrival time, 10:30 and might be forced to the open outside lots. 

I believe the garage is for people with special needs. Also it depends on where  the week before cruise passengers parked. You are most likely parking outside.  

2 hours ago, HappyHav said:

I believe the garage is for people with special needs. Also it depends on where  the week before cruise passengers parked. You are most likely parking outside.  

It is for everyone, however, the handicapped spots are more likely to be available if the rest of the garage is full.  We realized recently that the because of when we depart in August, the garage may be somewhat full because there will be Adventure & a Celebrity ship passengers who have already parked there, being in the middle of their cruises, so we might not be able to park there.  However -- DH usually drops us off in front of the terminal with the bags & parks by himself, walking back with his carry-on, & meeting us within 10 minutes, so if he has to walk from another lot, it's not that big a deal, and also, we have a handicap placard for my DD (wheelchair), so can legally use the handicap spot if necessary. Personally, I prefer the deck for protection from the elements (heat in summer, snow in winter), but to each his own

26 minutes ago, ellcee said:

It's for everyone. I've parked in the garage and not special needs. 

Yes, I cruise out of this port pretty much always, in fact, take out "pretty much" and the garage is for everyone. 99% of the time we get a ride but once in a while we drive and we parked in the garage a few times. I prefer the open lot though. 

Currently there are multiple ships out of Bayonne, Celebrity, Adventure and Oasis.   I’ve sailed on Oasis and Adventure in May and June  the garage was available for handicapped only.  Those who arrived early to the port had to wait for the outdoor lots to be unlocked to be processed to park.  So in answer to your question,  if they are not expecting to use the overflow lot it will be locked and not available to use.  Based on my inability to park indoors for both the Adventure sailing and oasis it appears the Celebrity ship gets the garage

your experience may vary