Hotel suggestions for Port of Boston in October?

2 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

Hello cruising friends!

Anyone have good hotel reservations for the Port of Boston area they wish to share? We would love a place near the Port that has cool local restaurants nearby.

Thanks!

There is not much by the port that is very interesting. I would recommend staying in the North End area of Boston, there are many great dining locations in the area.  Boston is an easy city to move around in via the Subway, so you can get anywhere relatively quickly.

some places to eat that we really enjoyed are below.

Aldente — http://www.aldenteboston.com

Bova’s — http://bovabakeryboston.net

Pauli’s — https://paulisnorthend.com

I am sailing out of Boston for the repositioning in late October. I've only been to Boston once before, so locals might have some better suggestions. My Wife and I stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club PUlse at Custom House. It is a hotel inside of the old Custom Tower in boston. Really cool old building if you're into that kind of thing, but a little on the pricey side.

We are staying at the Marriot Long Wharf this time. Lots of places walkable for good food around either option.

Resort Overview | Marriott Vacation Club Pulse® at Custom House, Boston

Boston, Massachusetts Hotel on the Harbor | Boston Marriott Long Wharf

18 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

Hello cruising friends!

Anyone have good hotel reservations for the Port of Boston area they wish to share? We would love a place near the Port that has cool local restaurants nearby.

Thanks!

The seaport has tons of restaurants and bars.  There are also several hotels in the immediate area.  As I live in the area, I have never stayed at any of the hotels near the port, but a quick search shows many.  Hampton Inn Boston Seaport District appears to be the closest to the cruise terminal.  Hyatt Place/Boston Seaport District and Renaissance Waterfront Boston are also very close.

While Marriott Long Wharf is not as close to Seaport, it is within walking distance of Aquarium, North End, and Faneuil Hall.

If you have not been to the South Boston waterfront in the past 4-5 years, you would not recognize it. Restaurant scene is amazing.

In addition to the Hotels Peter D referenced, there is also a Westin and some smaller Boutique hotels. 

The Hampton Inn Seaport is a 2-3 minute walk to Flynn Cruise port Boston.  Less than a 5 minute Uber to central restaurant area on Seaport boulevard. 

I've personally stayed at the Westin Boston Seaport, Aloft Boston Seaport, Element Boston Seaport, and the Renaissance Waterfront Boston.....most recently the Aloft back in April of this year.  There are other hotels there, but I haven't personally stayed in them.

The hotels are pretty close to the port....a few blocks from the Hampton Inn mentioned above.  I'm not sure how the walking to the terminal itself would be with luggage, but a taxi/uber/etc wouldn't be too much.  If you're flying in to Boston, and in an adventurous mood, you can take the Silver Line mass transit from Logan Airport to the Trade Center Station or Silver Line Way Station which are fairly centrally located.

The rooms we've stayed in at those hotels were just basic, two queen beds rooms.  Nothing special, but comfortable for the 5-6 nights we spend when we go.

My son and I have driven down to Boston from Maine every spring since 2013 to attend (and now work at since he became an adult) a convention in the Seaport District.  Over the years, we've watched the changes that @michaelp1446 mentioned.  My Irish family comes from South Boston, so we usually head in that direction for food (it also gets us away from the thousands of other convention goers looking for food), but there are a lot of restaurants just to the north of the convention center area...every year it seems like there are more and more.

One thing that I think bears mentioning is that it can be quite windy down there, so a jacket is in order for any walking around, especially if you're from a warmer climate.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:04 PM, JimnKathy said:

Hello cruising friends!

Thanks!

We are coming in September, wanted to book the October itinerary but my husbands work schedule didn't allow it. 

I've got the Hilton Homewood Suites booked but was eyeing the Hilton Boston Faneuil Hall Downtown (using points so only looking at Hilton) both get great reviews.

Edited by MicDay
Don't even know the correct name of the hotel I booked

1 hour ago, MicDay said:

We are coming in September, wanted to book the October itinerary but my husbands work schedule didn't allow it. 

I've got the Hilton Homewood Suites booked but was eyeing the Hilton Boston Faneuil Hall Downtown (using points so only looking at Hilton) both get great reviews.

I booked the Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Seaport with free cancellation if I decide to change it to one of the Blog's better suggestions. 🙂

On 6/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, Peter D said:

The seaport has tons of restaurants and bars.  There are also several hotels in the immediate area.  As I live in the area, I have never stayed at any of the hotels near the port, but a quick search shows many.  Hampton Inn Boston Seaport District appears to be the closest to the cruise terminal.  Hyatt Place/Boston Seaport District and Renaissance Waterfront Boston are also very close.

While Marriott Long Wharf is not as close to Seaport, it is within walking distance of Aquarium, North End, and Faneuil Hall.

Love the Marriott Long Wharf! The building itself feels a bit like a ship. I love the proximity to the Faneuil Hall area.