LAX to World Cruise Center Shuttle... Experiences?

WAYNO

Yes, I've searched, but I've yet to find any user friendly shuttle information from Los Angeles (LAX) to the Royal Caribbean cruise port in San Pedro.

I would prefer to not use an executive-limo or Uber.

Anybody have any real life experiences and/or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.🥰

In the FAQ section of the Port of Los Angeles website they have this information:

"SuperShuttle® Transportation Systems operates door-to-door ground transportation throughout Los Angeles. Reservations from the airport to a residence, hotel, or business are not required unless accessible van service is needed. At LAX, SuperShuttle® is located outside the baggage claim area at the van stop on the outer island. For more information, call 1-800-BLUE-VAN or visit www.supershuttle.com."

When I lived in San Diego we frequently used SuperShuttle to and from the airport.  They are reliable and are a shared ride.

43 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I used the cruise lines round trip transfer in January and found it to be very efficient.

Thanks. 

That could be interesting, as we do use the cruise line-provided shuttle when leaving the ship.  I must be dense, as I cannot find that option for arrival. 

@smokeybandit

You're kind of putting yourself in a corner if you don't want a private service, Uber, or have too many bags for Super Shuttle.

That's what I'm finding.  I was hoping for a shuttle bus or shared shuttle-van.   I've been spoiled by the easy availability of cruise-related ground transportation elsewhere.   L.A. just doesn't have the options I'm used to when I'm cruising from Florida or Texas.      Guess I'm therefore resigned to plan B.  We will survive.😎

And I'm just a little surprised that two passengers with  one suitcase and one carry-on each, would make them untouchable to normal shuttle services.😲

Thanks.

On 6/26/2022 at 8:25 AM, Shari said:

In the FAQ section of the Port of Los Angeles website they have this information:

"SuperShuttle® Transportation Systems operates door-to-door ground transportation throughout Los Angeles. Reservations from the airport to a residence, hotel, or business are not required unless accessible van service is needed. At LAX, SuperShuttle® is located outside the baggage claim area at the van stop on the outer island. For more information, call 1-800-BLUE-VAN or visit www.supershuttle.com."

When I lived in San Diego we frequently used SuperShuttle to and from the airport.  They are reliable and are a shared ride.

This ended up being our only option, and we're booked.  Interesting, the only way they would accommodate 2 of us with a suitcase and carry-on each, was via a full size suv.  Shuttles in L.A. apparently aren't used to tourists traveling with luggage.😀

Thanks again.