Help - can’t find original birth certificate

Will I be able to get on the ship? 

All of my important documents are always in one place and my birth certificate is not there!!! I fly out tomorrow (Sunday) and I cruise Monday. I have a copy, like just a black and white photo copy of my birth certificate. I have an expired passport. I have my marriage certificate, social security card, ID, you name it. But only a photo copy. I even went out tonight and got it notarized. 

Will I be able to cruise? I’m terrified they won’t let me on and my vacation I’ve been waiting for all these months won’t happen!

You don’t have time to solve this situation. Just go to the port with all the Documents you have. Five year ago we sailed from miami and my sister left her certificate at home in Puerto Rico. We explained the situation and it was faxed to the port office. Carnival allowed her to travel with the faxed copy. 

Sorry but notarizing a photocopy  does not make it official.  The raised seal of your state’s issuing agency is “official”.  I do agree, bring everything you’ve got & throw yourself on the mercy of a port supervisor.

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Sorry but notarizing a photocopy  does not make it official.  The raised seal of your state’s issuing agency is “official”.  I do agree, bring everything you’ve got & throw yourself on the mercy of a port supervisor.

Put a 50 cent piece on a sturdy table or counter, put the copy of the document on top of the 50 cent piece where a raised seal would normally go.  Now, SLAP, yes slap your hand, not a fist,  SLAP your hand down on the paper and coin real hard.  Voila, you now have an unreadable raised seal on the paper.  BTW, it's against the law, I wouldn't do it.  I put a person in jail for a long period of time for doing it for official purposes.