Must see shows on Mariner?

mcmry5

Our family of five (kids ages 18, 14, and 10) are sailing on Mariner in a couple weeks. We have sailed on Allure (along with other cruise lines- DCL and Princess), and like to schedule our dinners around the evening shows. However, in looking at what is offered on Mariner, I feel like maybe the evening shows aren't that great. Are there any MUST SEE shows on Mariner? Thanks!

You can review the Cruise Compass from previous cruises right here on this site:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=279

While the available cruise compasses may not be the same itinerary it should provide an idea of they types of events offered for entertainment.  Caveat - some recent cruises may have modified entertainment offerings based on pandemic issues for that particular cruise.

Just sailed on Mariner.  In my opinion, the RC singers are not that great so after their first performance, we decided to skip their performances for the rest of the 8 day cruise.  However, we very much enjoyed their Headliner show which is a tribute to Elton John.  They also had a magic show and a juggling/comedy show on the other evenings.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:57 PM, mcmry5 said:

Our family of five (kids ages 18, 14, and 10) are sailing on Mariner in a couple weeks. We have sailed on Allure (along with other cruise lines- DCL and Princess), and like to schedule our dinners around the evening shows. However, in looking at what is offered on Mariner, I feel like maybe the evening shows aren't that great. Are there any MUST SEE shows on Mariner? Thanks!

Just got off ABC cruise.  Recommend ice show, production shows, and headliners.  One special show (Singer Showcase) was two lead Royal singers (Flavio Tallini and Maria Donna).  This was the BEST show even though the crowd was sparse.  I felt I was in the presence of true greatness.  If they are on your schedule, do see them sing.

Yes, the Ice show is really good on Mariner. Gallery of Dreams will be hit or miss, I saw it in 2019 and the performers had nicely blended voices. I saw it in Jan of this year, and it was like cats arguing; I walked out after 15min. I spoke to someone who say it and thought it was great, but I would personally skip anything that isn't the ice show.