Royal Caribbean App Wi-Fi Reserving/Booking Issue "Ship Wi-Fi needed for booking." Apple iOS Fix

I wanted to share a recent issue I had on Mariner with in App Booking/Reserving and the ships Voom WIFI. For the first 2 days on our 6 day cruise I couldn't book or reserve anything in the Royal App. It was always greyed out and just kept saying "Ship Wi-Fi needed for booking." despite me being connected to the Mariner VOOM Wi-FI. My wife had the same issue on her iPhone but two people in my party with Androids had no issues.

I eventually had some time to troubleshoot and the fix was related to Apple iOS Privacy Settings under the Wi-Fi Access Point Information Settings. It appears that the privacy setting for "Limit IP Address Tracking" prevents the ship from knowing you're actually on the ship.

If you run into this issue, here is how I resolved it:

Steps: Settings -> Wi-Fi -> select the Information (i) icon next to the ships SSID (WiFi-Guest-Mariner for me). On those settings you'll see "Limit IP Address Tracking". Disable that setting and then close and reopen the Royal Caribbean App and the button should now be live.

I've attached a screenshot in case anyone would like to see the visual.

Hopefully this helps someone in need in the future. It was super annoying not being able to use the app!

ShipWIFICombined.PNG