Can we use out own skates on Odyssey of the seas skating rink

Eden

Hello everyone 🥰

going on Odyssey of the seas next summer and I saw there is a skating rink. My brother loves to rollerskate and has his own skate. I saw all the pictures and I see people only skate with what he calls « quad skates » so the ones with 2 wheels on each side. He doesn’t like those ones and wanted to be able to skate with the line ones with all the wheels behind one another. Is it possible or is it not allowed to bring our own skates to the rink ?

hope this is clear 🥲 thank you very much for your help 🫶🏻🫶🏻

Ice skating rinks can be found on Oasis, Freedom and Voyager class ships.  I have heard of people bringing their own ice skates, but have not tried this myself. (Too much other stuff to pack.)

it appears that the original poster is referring to the Sea-Plex on the Quantum class ships.  That space is a multiple use space. It can have bumper cars, soccer, trapeze, etc.  Some do roller skating but not sure which ones since not all activities translate to all ships.  

For the other part to the question, it sounds like you are asking about roller blades, not roller skates.  Referring to the ice skates, it seems that people maybe allowed to use their own skates here if the same policy is applied, but not sure if roller blades would actually be allowed.  

That doesn’t answer the question but hopefully it clears up some of the confusion (about skate types, ice vs roller, and roller blades vs roller skates.)

3 hours ago, gr123 said:

Odyssey does not have any skating rink of any kind, they are found in oasis class ships. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Quantum Class ships have a Roller Skating Rink in the Seaplex, it also serves as the bumper cars arena, basketball court and indoor soccer filed. However I have not seen them offer roller skating since COVID.

I have brought my own skates, helmet and knee pads on two Quantum Class ships in the Seaplex area and it was so much fun. I dance skate a lot and people thought I was part of the entertainment..LOL However, it looks like they stopped allowing roller skating on all the ships in the last couple months. I am super bummed. It says on their website that Roller skating was in the past but now just bumper cars. Not one ships activity shows roller skating on the website. If anyone knows differently please reply.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:11 AM, twangster said:

I can't find the policy on the web site but my past memory says that inline skates are not permitted.  You can bring your own roller skates but inline skates are not included in that definition.  

This is the only thing I can find about the Seaplex and it doesn't mention Skating, Pickleball, anything other than Basketball and Bumper Cars:

image.thumb.png.96b12974bac1483b33fed5ea2e9d19cd.png

This seems like they have replaced roller skating with Bumper Cars.  However, roller skating and bumper cars coexisted long before the pandemic.  It's kinda like they quietly took away roller skating and other activities and and are now trying to play it up with the bumper cars as a wonderful replacement:

POWER UP PLAY TIME

Every day onboard Anthem of the Seas® is a whole new adventure. Yesterday’s roller skating at SeaPlex® is today’s bumper car showdown. And this morning’s awe-inspiring views from the North Star® lead to gravity-defying thrills on RipCord® by iFLY®. And that’s not even scratching the surface of all the unforgettable experiences this Quantum Class ship has to offer.
Edited by Moby Dick
On Ovation last May, I never saw any roller skating going on. But, I didn't spend a lot of time in the Seaplex. The little time I did spend there, there was NOTHING going on. I guess they don't do the Trapeze anymore either.

I was on Odyssey this past March and they did not offer roller skating in the Seaplex. This may be a pre-Covid thing because I heard they did offer this on Anthem in the past. When not being used for bumper cars, the Seaplex was used for: basketball, volleyball, pickle ball, ping pong and corn hole throw. We also had a lot of teens on our sailing so sometimes it was closed at night for the teens to have their silent dance party. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2022 at 6:11 AM, twangster said:

I can't find the policy on the web site but my past memory says that inline skates are not permitted.  You can bring your own roller skates but inline skates are not included in that definition.  

YES, Roller Skating was allowed on Ovation of the Seas when I cruised in June 2023.  The ship had rental skates and I was told that I could have brought my own Skates.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:11 AM, twangster said:

That's right.  You can bring your own old school 4-wheel skates.  No inline skates are allowed.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:47 AM, gr123 said:

Odyssey does not have any skating rink of any kind, they are found in oasis class ships. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Pretty sure not only Oasis class have the ice rinks - I am on Explorer next month and deck plan shows one.

According to the RCI fleet list, Oasis, Freedom & Voyager class all have the pad to fall over on!

⛸️🏒🥅

8 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Pretty sure not only Oasis class have the ice rinks - I am on Explorer next month and deck plan shows one.

Not sure if that is only other ship but just wanted to update! 

⛸️🏒🥅

You're correct- in fact I believe ALL of the Freedom class ships, Oasis class and I THINK Voyager class ships have ice rinks.  (Confirmed with a Google search- these three classes do all have ice rinks) 

Just now, ScottD said:

You're correct- in fact I believe ALL of the Explorer class ships, Oasis class and I THINK Voyager class ships have ice rinks.  (Confirmed with a Google search- these three classes do all have ice rinks) 

Actually edited mine after I posted it - did the same research! Lol!