Yes.  Normally upon returning to the ship when you go through the security on the ship you will place bags on the x ray.  Once they see the bottles they will flag you to go to a table where they collect the items which will be returned to on the last night of the cruise.  Your cruise is slightly differemt.

September 25 is from Barcelona.  In Barcelona there is a wine store right in the cruise terminal after security.  You can bring those bottles right on the ship to your cabin.  In the Med they implement different policies for wine on board.

2 hours ago, Bradinmississippi said:

would like to take some home with us. Mybe some spirits also

If "home" means the U.S. of A. an issue is Duty (Taxes) on the bottles of alcohol you bring back.  Duty free doesn't mean quantity free.  You can only bring back X amount of bottles/milliliters per person.   If you are willing to pay the "Duty" on any over authorization amount of alcohol, you can bring what you want.  Don't forget the Kraken! 

Edited by Suite Snob
P.S. My informed opinion is a few years old. Milage may have changed!

9 hours ago, Suite Snob said:

If "home" means the U.S. of A. an issue is Duty (Taxes) on the bottles of alcohol you bring back.  Duty free doesn't mean quantity free.  You can only bring back X amount of bottles/milliliters per person.   If you are willing to pay the "Duty" on any over authorization amount of alcohol, you can bring what you want.  Don't forget the Kraken! 

I have been lucky every time I have declared my duty free purchases (over the personal limit) to border patrol in the USA, they just shake their head and wave me through like it's more hassle than it's worth for taxing a couple bottles. Not sure if this because I am a USA citizen residing overseas and the port is not my final destination or what? YMMV

54 minutes ago, twangster said:

Before 9/11 when you could bring liquids onto planes in carry-on I brought dozens of wine bottles back from South America.  Declared everything and CBP said "Welcome home".   

Always declare it and have never been required to pay duties or taxes that they could impose.  

THIS! Exactly, I always declare and have never had to pay. I think its when you don't declare it and they find it, and they can fine you, they make it worth their time?

4 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

I have been lucky every time I have declared my duty free purchases (over the personal limit) to border patrol in the USA, they just shake their head and wave me through like it's more hassle than it's worth for taxing a couple bottles. Not sure if this because I am a USA citizen residing overseas and the port is not my final destination or what? YMMV

My experience, too.  But, you never know when you are going to get a hard a$$ who wants to flex his/her lips.