Chops - Opinions Needed!

RogerC1

2 hours ago, Sea Squirrel said:

I love cheese so I thought this whole thing was interesting because I found the cheesy sides at Chops not so cheesy but have never experience the orange. Yikes. Sounds like the blue box. Sorry, i just really enjoy cheese, lol. 

Well, some decent cheddar is orange and process cheese has given that decent orange-ish cheddar a bad rep. I don't know what cheese exist in the blue box, but it should be burned. That powder stuff is bleh!

On 6/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, brdjnr said:

We are going on Harmony in August, and we will be eating at chops and Izumi.

Ooooh, please let us know how those are on Harmony.  I will be on that ship Nov 12th.  I must try Chops at least once despite more unfavorable reviews.  Had the filet on Freedom in the MDR and it was surprisingly good, so good my girlfriend and I ordered it again on our 3rd night.  I love a good Ribeye, so I'm hoping that will be even better.  As for Izumi, I know many people love it, but I'm just not sold on it yet.  We have our eyes on Chops, 150 Central Park, Wonderland and Jaime's.  

I think someone mentioned the burger at Chops in an earlier comment.  So that brings me to my question...

Burger at Chops lunch vs. Burger at Jaime's?  Which do you prefer?  Thoughts anyone?

12 hours ago, Aron_Ross said:

Ooooh, please let us know how those are on Harmony.  I will be on that ship Nov 12th.  I must try Chops at least once despite more unfavorable reviews.  Had the filet on Freedom in the MDR and it was surprisingly good, so good my girlfriend and I ordered it again on our 3rd night.  I love a good Ribeye, so I'm hoping that will be even better.  As for Izumi, I know many people love it, but I'm just not sold on it yet.  We have our eyes on Chops, 150 Central Park, Wonderland and Jaime's.  

I think someone mentioned the burger at Chops in an earlier comment.  So that brings me to my question...

Burger at Chops lunch vs. Burger at Jaime's?  Which do you prefer?  Thoughts anyone?

I had the burger at Chops and Jamie's.  They are both very good.  The beef is pretty much the same and very thick, juicy, and tasty.  The toppings are what will sway you one way or another.  I like burgers with traditional toppings (lettuce, cheese, onion, tomato).  My kids and spouse loved the Jamie's burger.

15 hours ago, Aron_Ross said:

We just got off Harmony and did all the specialty restaurants at least once. We had Chops scheduled for lunch on our last sea day, but were generally underwhelmed and opted to do Johnny Rockets for lunch instead. I loved Izumi, both the Hibachi and the sushi side. Wonderland was a fun experience and the food was good, just different compared to what I normally eat. Jamie’s was delicious and I got the burger. I am normally not the biggest Mexican inspired food fan and my wife is, but I actually liked Sabor more than her. She was very disappointed with the guac, thinking it was flavorless, but I don’t like guac so that didn’t impact me. I did love the Barbacoa from Sabor and got it both times. My favorite and it was a surprise to me because I was almost expecting to not really like it was 150 Central Park. The bread, the lobster thermidor, the fried cheesecake. It was all so good! All the wait staff at the restaurants treated you as if you were the most important person and you could tell they genuinely wanted to make sure you left happy. Enjoy! I don’t think you can go wrong with whatever you pick. 

• 1 year later...

11/11/23 5 night western Caribbean .

Chops was over all underwhelming. The room was uncomfortably hot. Our waiter was good,and hustled but was clearly over loaded with tables. First round drinks took a good 10+ minutes. Tuna tartare was bland, carpaccio was fine but a miniscule portion. The thick peppered bacon was the high point of the meal. I've honestly, consistently had better quality ribe eye at Longhorn. Overall I'd give it a 6/10. 

If your going to do a specialty dinner go for Jamies. The food is phenomenal and Berkram is a true pro waiter

On 6/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, brdjnr said:

I have seen/heard more than once the filet at Giovannis was better than Chops. We were at Giovannis first night and it was the best meal we had on that trip. Several of us had the filet and it was indeed tremendous.

There's something to that. We've eaten in Chops on Mariner and Chops on Jewel. Had 3 night dining package on Jewel, We both had filet at Chops, and Mrs. Geezer had a filet at Giovanni's (while yours truly like an idiot ordered the gnocchi). Mrs. Geezer reported the Giovanni's filet was hands down better than the Chops filet on either Jewel or Mariner. Must be in the preparation................

6 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Mrs. Geezer had a filet at Giovanni's (while yours truly like an idiot ordered the gnocchi).

Get the filet & a pasta next time… problem solved. 😋 We’re long time fans of Table. Been ordering like that as long as I can remember.

Recently, our Chops experiences have all been on Navigator.  Every Chops meal has been excellent.  We seldom eat meat other than fish, but both hubby and I found the petite filets great.  On Navigator, I much prefer Chops to Jamie’s.  Izumi is hit and miss on Navigator; sometimes great, but occasionally not.  Hooked, however, is a winner for fish people.