RCCL - Air2Sea Rant...

Booked on Quantum for the June 27th sailing.  Given all of the airline issues, COVID, etc, I figured I'd be safe and book Air2Sea.  Whew, this has been an adventure. 

Airline changed routes/itinerary -  I'm good with that, I fly all the time and generally have the ability to modify directly if the new route/times don't work.  Because Air2Sea owns the reservation, I can't make changes.  Fine, call Air2Sea 

Called Air2Sea, was assured this would be resolved in 48 hours.  Um... NOPE (by the way, when they give you an incident number, don't bother to write it down, noone on the call can look it up).  

Air2Sea 72hours later as the flights hadn't been modified-  Much like everyone else, they appear to be understaffed.  First, Second, Third Calls -  Dead lines (after holding about 15 minutes each time).  Forth Call >1.5 hours, then disconnected.  Fifth Call -  I'm a bit frustrated that a change that should take less than 10 minutes, I'm having to explain myself for a 4th time.  Starting to get REALLY frustrated.  Alas, I hang in there.  Guy then comes back and says he has to make sure I can arrive at the ship on time based on the alternative flights I gave him.  I assured him that if I could really arrive on the 25th as scheduled, then I had plenty of time to find the port... (yep, things went downhill from there).  

I know, I know - Use a travel agent and this wouldn't have been a problem.  However, it was a fully comped cruise and couldn't transfer it.... I just shudder to think if I had an actual problem on flight day.  

On 6/22/2022 at 11:47 AM, fishernrex said:

...  Because Air2Sea owns the reservation, I can't make changes.  Fine, call Air2Sea ....

is the flight so close it has not yet been ticketed?

Once ticketed at least with AA I could then make any changes I needed or wanted the time i used Air2Sea. 

At least that was my experience, I also like @smokeybandit only used them when there were still question marks early on about if the cruise would happen.

My son had an airline problem on day of travel to Denmark -- his originating flight was changed twice.  On the 2nd change, he realized he would miss connections.  He got a revised 2nd flight from Air2Sea in about 10-20 minutes.  I am sorry you had a bad experience, but my son had a good one.  I will add this: after a recent American Airlines problem, be sure to have travel insurance for your flight, not just the cruise.