Transfer to travel agent

Hi all,

We're about to go on our first Royal Caribbean cruise Friday (just got our negative test results back), but have already booked a back to back pair in the Mediterranean next year. After lots of fun with this cruise (ahem), I'm considering transfer of those two existing bookings to a travel agent. Problem is, we don't have one. I'd like to give MEI a shot, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it - do we contact MEI and they assign an agent, try to contact an individual agent here, just submit the website phone number and hope for the best?

9 minutes ago, Sharla said:

You can transfer to an agent within 30 days of booking. Just fill out the form here, or at MEI-Travel.com, or you can email [email protected]

I filled out the form, but it might be too late - I found older posts referencing 60 days, which we're within, but I think we're slightly over 30 at this point. Thanks for the response, though.

Would transferring to a TA help with getting a cruise repriced?  I recently saw that the price of my cruise went way down and in speaking to Costco (whom I booked the cruise through) and Royal they said I was too late to get anything.  Seems kinda unfair because i booked a few days after the cutoff and people booking now can get a better price but nobody who booked in between? 

Thanks everyone, unfortunately it was too late. Brock from MEI tried, but both booking transfers were rejected by the sales administration office. Next time I'll have a contact, though! 

2 hours ago, confusitron49 said:

Would transferring to a TA help with getting a cruise repriced?  I recently saw that the price of my cruise went way down and in speaking to Costco (whom I booked the cruise through) and Royal they said I was too late to get anything.  Seems kinda unfair because i booked a few days after the cutoff and people booking now can get a better price but nobody who booked in between? 

That was one of my hopes. But if it's outside the policy (which someone way more knowledgeable will post soon, I'm sure), not much a TA can do either.

6 hours ago, SnickerTail said:

Hi all,

We're about to go on our first Royal Caribbean cruise Friday (just got our negative test results back), but have already booked a back to back pair in the Mediterranean next year. After lots of fun with this cruise (ahem), I'm considering transfer of those two existing bookings to a travel agent. Problem is, we don't have one. I'd like to give MEI a shot, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it - do we contact MEI and they assign an agent, try to contact an individual agent here, just submit the website phone number and hope for the best?

Something to keep in mind is why you want a travel agent.  If you are new to cruising, traveling or do not want to deal with finding and booking vacations you want a full service travel agent and hopefully one in a smaller shop.  I would try to get one that you can contact on off hours.  If you love searching and booking your own vacations and are looking for perks and a little help a big online could be the one for you.  I use Costco Travel because I know what I want and most of the time book my cruise with the cruise line get everything the way I want it then move it to Costco Travel for the Costco Card I get after the cruise.  I also like them because it is Costco and they pay the agents by the hour and they do not care how long they spend on the phone dealing with my issues.

So... ask yourself what are you looking for

20 hours ago, confusitron49 said:

Costco is condidered your TA so you wouldn't be able to transfer if you book through them. 

20 hours ago, confusitron49 said:

Yes a TA can get your booking repriced. Costco could if they wanted to, unless it's after final payment. 

17 minutes ago, Sharla said:

Yes a TA can get your booking repriced. Costco could if they wanted to, unless it's after final payment. 

Is the best price guarantee still available or did that go away with cruise with confidence program?